• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I persoanlly hope that they continue to raise the prices there or at any pay to play courses. The more money that golfers are paying the better the course and amenties are. It may also open the door to newer courses opening on very nice properties. I understand the true beauty that disc golf can be an almost free sport but there is a place for pay to play courses and complexs in the country. And if the course is that nice everyone in the the area is going to want to play it and i am sure people will travel there just like fly boy and the other top notch course in the country

I assume that some of the disc golfers on this site also play ball golf and there isnt an issue paying for that so their shouldnt be much of an issue to play disc golf.

How big are the golf carts? Can they fit 4 (with bags) comfortably?
It can certainly be done but it may be a little tight. Bring some bungy cords so you can strap your bag on the side of the cart and you should be fine.

I'm counting down the days til i get to Selah again. I keep telling my wife,"lets just leave today". That's been going on for about two weeks now.

There are 4 seats but that doesn't leave anywhere for discs to go, especially if you have bigger bags. Ashleigh and I have a simian and a revo dual pack, so those took up most of the back seat when we played.

We had 4 ppl & 3 bags, 1 cooler with no problem. I think they want to keep it light for the sake of damaging the carts though.

Well there will be myself, one other DGCR member, our bags, and our wives, although the wives won't be playing. I was already thinking about taking some bungie cords to strap the bags the cart for more seat and/or cooler room. It would be nice to have some ice cold drinks on the course.

We had 4 ppl & 3 bags, 1 cooler with no problem. I think they want to keep it light for the sake of damaging the carts though.

Where did you put all that? :eek:

Well there will be myself, one other DGCR member, our bags, and our wives, although the wives won't be playing. I was already thinking about taking some bungie cords to strap the bags the cart for more seat and/or cooler room. It would be nice to have some ice cold drinks on the course.

That will probably be doable with only two bags rather than four.

So for those of you that have stayed, was there anywhere in Talco that you recommend grabbing a bite to eat? We'll probably head into town and eat dinner then shop for groceries afterwards.

Where did you put all that? :eek:

That will probably be doable with only two bags rather than four.

Two women, one was preggo. Cooler under the back seat, revo bags hanging on the outside by the quad straps. One of the bags was hanging off the back.

So for those of you that have stayed, was there anywhere in Talco that you recommend grabbing a bite to eat? We'll probably head into town and eat dinner then shop for groceries afterwards.

Never eaten in town. I did pick up a few thing at the tom thumb and it has pretty much everything you need except BOOZE. WARNING: Selah is in Franklin County which is one of the few dry counties in Texas.

Papa, your group should be fine with one cart but I would bite the bullet and go for the extra cart. Let them drive you around, you know

when are you going to be there?

Never eaten in town. I did pick up a few thing at the tom thumb and it has pretty much everything you need except BOOZE. WARNING: Selah is in Franklin County which is one of the few dry counties in Texas.

Papa, your group should be fine with one cart but I would bite the bullet and go for the extra cart. Let them drive you around, you know

when are you going to be there?

Good to know, thanks!

We'll be there next weekend.

we took zip ties to secure the bags to the cart, worked like a freakin' charm. just a suggestion. or bungees maybe, but they are stretchy, zip ties don't give..

nGEurvlU_original.jpg

Shortly before my whole bag went into that nice sinkpit...

After a day out there saturday, the grass off the fairway everywhere is mid thigh to waist deep and there are tons of water moccasins out there, even ran one over on 10 lakeside, so keep an eye out for sure. Also made a friend...again. After putting out on 16 creekside, ole Cookie decides to snipe my seat in the cart, we had come to an understanding, and decided we would share.

Attachments

• Selah dog.jpg
    Selah dog.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 73