• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I wondered if the rough would get that long, it was already at least knee deep in many areas last month.

Ya it was really only an issue on creekside but its like that everywhere over there. And with a rookie on the card and one throwing offhand/forehand it made for a long round on that side

...there are tons of water moccasins out there, even ran one over on 10 lakeside, so keep an eye out for sure.

snakes-whyd-it-have-to-be-snakes-thumb.jpg

Not what I wanted to read before this weekend. :(

Ya it was really only an issue on creekside but its like that everywhere over there. And with a rookie on the card and one throwing offhand/forehand it made for a long round on that side

So would you give it 5 discs?

I already did when I first reviewed it. With all the rain out there I understand its hard to get a mower around out there, and even carts(seen above) at points, the tall grass hampers my feeling a little bit but I have seen it mowed before so I know what it looks like mowed and without the feet of rain they have got out there lately

I feel like Texas is like Georgia in the fact that rain when it gets hot is always welcome, because it's only a matter of time before you're begging for some.

I already did when I first reviewed it. With all the rain out there I understand its hard to get a mower around out there, and even carts(seen above) at points, the tall grass hampers my feeling a little bit but I have seen it mowed before so I know what it looks like mowed and without the feet of rain they have got out there lately

So that was you out there? I with was the other group on the course on Saturday. I think you were playing three on lakeside as we were going down the hill to 15. Pretty windy out there that day.

So that was you out there? I with was the other group on the course on Saturday. I think you were playing three on lakeside as we were going down the hill to 15. Pretty windy out there that day.

That was me and my homies. Should have come and said hey, I wasn't in a great mood, since I f'ed my arm up again cause i cant take time off and let it heal, but the pain killers were in full effect, so you could at least got a good laugh.

Yea I prolly should have. I had some noobs with me too.

I can relate to that injury. After about a two and a half month lay off my wife and i visited selah. I got one round in on creekside the day we got there. After the round I accidentally kicked the stone pad that the old wood burning stove sits on at the corral house that night.

It was brutal. I broke at least my little toe prolly one or two more. I still had a great visit although i played almost entirely fh the next couple days.

He wants you to know he gave Creekside a 4.5

close, but no cigar.

^^ I guess there's never been a cigar. Since You've never play a 5/5 course?

With the exception of a handful of baskets that are near water, there is no trouble around the baskets. There are no uphill, downhill, sidehill putts and no drop-off's behind the baskets. Overall the terrain offers only slight elevation changes.

I count 7 by the water. 4,5,10,13,16,17,18. Almost half. Exception?

With 7's basket being on a little dome, there is def a drop off behind the basket where you could be putting uphill,downhill, etc. ALso 17 and 18 have some sloped putt possibilities. And what happens if you run long of any of those tees? Maybe that's not the kind of drop off your talking about. When I played the course there were lots of circles on the card.

And I can't believe you didn't get a cart. You turned a Pro into a Con.

Overall, you had a very well written, well thought out review and you are certainly entitled to your own opinion. I've been waiting for a few more reviews. How long did it take you to play without a cart anyway?

Im not going to hate on him, he made good points and I was on the verge of not giving it a 5 either, but there is no 4.75 and that course is better then the 4.5's Ive played so I rounded up. I like J's thought that he turned the pro of the cart into a con. And there is NO way I would walk either of those courses, even from the red tees.

It's not necessarily that having a cart available is a con. NEEDING a cart, IMO, is a con.

It's not necessarily that having a cart available is a con. NEEDING a cart, IMO, is a con.

Why? Because every dg course should have baskets and tees close together so that one doesn't have to walk long distances?

You dont "need" a cart in ball golf either, but it sure is nice to ride nd not have to walk the entire prairie

I agree with your point though and if you need a cart that is a con but its obviously not needed if people dont use it. Just dont complain when you walk your happy butt around because you were either to stubborn to get a cart or just wanted the expierance of walking

I haven't played Selah, but walking is part of the point of me playing. Long walks between holes allow time for conversation with friends. I see this as a positive, but I'm not like most people... I suppose.

It takes a while to find your way below the surface (or facade) of most people. The walks make this possible. I guess it depends on your comfort level and the people you play with.

Latest posts