• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shark3

So what's the verdict on these? I just picked a few up to test out and support the Selinki masters but haven't had a chance to throw them.

I guess Innova finally realized that they can't design new mids with new names and sell them.

No shit. It's like they're jumping from "A New Hope" right to "The Return of the Jedi" and totally skipping over "The Empire Strikes Back". What the hell, man...?

I haven't thrown one yet but schwebby is talking them up pretty hard. He says that they fly like a slightly faster 7/10 champion shark. Based on talking to him, I'm thinking medium level of hss and a low level of lss. All compared to a new champion shark. I also didn't know these were available, so I'll have to order a couple and try them out

So yeah these have a bit of beef to them. I haven't thrown a new normal champ shark in forever but these are about as stable as a new C-MD2 for me.

keltik said:
PMantle said:
What's with the 3 on these new discs?

dunno, my question is where are the Roc2 Shark2 and Mako2???

80sGolfDiscs.jpeg

A friend sent me this the other week of some old stuff. This made me think the reasoning for Roc3 was because the Classic Roc was technically Roc 1 and then the Ontario/SM/Rancho/Roc+/etc were all variations on the Roc2 so to speak. Now that everything is coming out as a disc3 I have no idea...

Frank Delicious said:
So yeah these have a bit of beef to them. I haven't thrown a new normal champ shark in forever but these are about as stable as a new C-MD2 for me.

Is that a gummy C MD2 or a domier harder C MD2? If the flight is that of the former immagonnahafta try this because i've not seen flat C MD2s and people praise them.

It is of the gummy one. This thing really likes to fly a long way with a slight anny release. It comes out of it really slowly and glides forward really well while doing so. So if you like throwing S shots with mids, you should check this out.

It does not do power hyzers very well for me though. It likes to flatten too much or stay on a too-steep angle. I couldn't get it to hold a good power hyzer line. It does do pretty well thrown flat as it will slightly S before fading out pretty hard.

I'm getting excited to try one of these.I was hoping to get one while I was at innova east picking up my clubs order today but they had only cleared space for them but weren't expect them to arrive for another week or so

I gathered from jub that flat C MD2s don't turn and have a mild fade the Shark3 turning some on a flat throw then fading fairly hard makes it sound like a beat M Sent i have.

I tossed mine in the winds in the middle of the day and calm in the evening. It has flash that is easy to feel but it is not obvious by looking at it. Dunno how that influences the flight and i'm not sanding it away right away because i like the flight. Backhand into winds full tilt it did not turn hehe. My puny FH flipped into headwinds but not with the cleanest throws in calm weather. Ville Piippo could make it turn into headwinds FH at under his max power but that's more power than most have going all out. The Shark3 is quite HSS and i had no trouble in winds with it BH and the fade is late but fairly hard. I saw very different looking Shark3s at the shop in two distinct shapes and none deviating from those two shapes. Mine is flatter at the top but not totally flat and thinner from the lowest part of the outer edge to the bottom. So fairly close to flat C MD2s in shape and probably the same in HSS and a third to half a tick less LSS. Power requirement might be a hair lower glide could be a little better speed seems roughly the same and distance is roughly the same. I've been sick and have had a hiatus from throwing so i cannot say for sure about the relative distance but my initial guess without doing a side by side comparison is that the Shark3 is a few feet longer on average but a power thrower might get both as far at full power on max distance. The Shark3 seems more forgiving to height for getting far thanks to the better glide.

In other words this is very close to Z Buzz flat tops only taller. And more glide less speed about equal D. Buzz kill comes down to if you need more plastics considering in how many plastics the Buzz is made and which shape you prefer. So the MVP Tangent has competition in trying to topple the Buzz from the pedestal along with the flat C MD2. And the longer more gliding lower power requirement and a hair less HSS and LSS King Cobra. This means that this tight spot in the bag is contested by at least 4 tremendously good discs with enough variation in between them shape, tackiness and minor flight differences that no other disc needs to be made probably because most if not all should find a variation that is perfect for them. If one does not need as much HSS with absolutely no fade that is. It is what is needed to improve on these. So top marks for the companies making these killer straight discs that are not fazed by most winds.

Oh the Suspect in Lucid fades more than these except the Glo Z Buzz and some Tis so it belongs to this hotlist of crazy good straight discs that are longer than Rocs. Some initial reports hint at the Truth being a great disc too. I have not thrown it so cannot say if it earns a spot in this elite crowd. We have been spoiled with super discs for the straight mid role. Many know i like the Coyote and the Comet but Coyote at high power is a little understable so not the same role and the Comet can be straight in less winds and clean release plus clean OAT free toss so it fails miserably in user error tolerance and winds compared to these greats while having other strengths so it is a matter of semantics whether you think it belongs in the elite straight mid crowd or not. With my practical needs living with winds by the sea and not being a perfect thrower every time i need my failures to be mitigated rather than amplified the discs and the elite list does that and the Comet does not also the Coyote and Mako not too.

The annies move slower to the right than buzzes but faster than rocs. Hyzers push straight and there is very little right to left movement from the fade not really much or quickly before the fade with say three to four degrees of hyzer. I imagine that the curves are not that tight even with steep hyzers. So it is a preference and bag matter whether it suits you. I would say that if you put a roc buzz or coyote next to it they could be enough to cover all shots if you power down your os driver for mid distances. I would say mine is just a faster longer opto pure with a hair more fade when it kicks in very late in the throw.

Latest posts