• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoulder timing

Brychanus mentioned that more perpendicular back foot setup to get a more coiled feeling in the drill. Setting up less pigeon toed here and trying to hinge on the rear hip. Started by tilting too much in the first video. Tried to mellow it out later on in the second.

1. Posture/balance. I think you need to setup closer to the wall(south) and squeeze your posture more upright / stacked / centered. Probably also need a wall in front of your toes so your head is not tilted over the toes(west / left tee side / inside swing drill). Really should be walls all around you.

2. You are setup in anterior pelvic tilt and spine extension. Should be in slight spine flexion with pelvis tucked more under navel and head more stacked up over ankles instead of over toes. This should feel more upright and relaxed and less kinked up.

3. You are too backwards, kicking the can/ball with your heel instead of the outstep. Note how my front leg is slightly turned back and swinging more laterally with straighter leg.
Screen Shot 2023-08-09 at 12.05.47 AM copy.png

4. Watch the end of Hershyzer 2 and note the difference in how I swing thru and finish/pivot all the way thru on the front leg, vs your over tilted swing and shortened finish remaining too far behind front leg.
pp finish hershyzer 2.png

Rewatching hershyzer 1 wall drill and feel a big amount of power going into the wall. Not something i normally feel when doing the normal drill. Does this directly translate into the 2.0 drill? Hard to match the feeling with no wall.

kicking the can today:
back:
side:

lazy/sloppy hershyzer just working on spine flexion and getting more stacked/finishing thru front leg:

Feel like i try to fix one issue and create three new ones...

1. Doesn't help to look at the camera.

2. Swing your shoulder/s forward over the front leg.

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 5.33.41 AM.png

Your front hip just collapses and you jackknife into the finish instead of standing up on front leg. You need some resistance to post up on the front hip.

Screen Shot 2023-08-12 at 3.16.26 PM.png

I would work on Turbo Encabulator and Door Frame Drills instead of Hershyzer. You need to learn to drop your hips targetward underneath your head/upper body. Note how my elbow and head "stay further back" while I drop into the plant like Door Frame drill.

You are still tipping over into the plant and hyperextending the front leg and losing your balance on leg into finish.

Screen Shot 2023-08-22 at 10.59.46 AM.png

Took a few weeks off doing hershyzer and focused on the other 2 drills you mentioned. Not sure if there is a better way to post other than what i have been. might be collapsing on the front hip still... mostly focusing on the hip drop mentioned.

Somewhat better, but you are stopping short and not pivoting all the way thru to the finish. Note how your chest is facing the target while mine is about 3 o'clock with left shoulder pointed at target.
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 6.55.30 PM.png

Swing your shoulder forward over the front leg.
Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 11.07.24 PM.png

You are starting a bit too backward and your head tips over first.

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 5.47.33 PM.png

Those are looking better.
You are jumping a bit off the rear foot, you want it to pivot more in place.
Your finish stops short with the rear shoulder not coming around except when you stepped forward. Again want to pivot more in place on front leg.

Hard to tell in slow motion, but looks like you are taking too long to setup and remaining static for too long and you also never address the target while barely turning your shoulders back.

I'd suggest working on perpetual motion drills like Double Dragon, Standstill Figure 8, and Elephant Walk. Also Whips Step, Reverse Stride, and Door Frame/Bow Arrow Drills. Let's get you moving around more dynamic and fluid, instead of being so cautious and stiff.

went over the drills, mostly focusing on standstill figure 8. Trying to loosen up/pull through with front hip. appreciate the feedback.

Motion looks better in general, but looks like you are rising into rotation instead of falling into rotation.

Latest posts