• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot even still recovering from a bum hand. Came back from a double OB 6, but came away with another disc that was beside the one i threw in. Not a bad way to end a Independence Day Weekend.

Another improved PB at the course we played, though only by one stroke, second round was even with old record. Second time we'd played that course. Couple of new birdie holes though, couple of missed birdies :doh: . Especially one backhand hyzer hole, which saw a birdie and a missed birdie, last time we played, couldn't even reach it for a putt of any kind, so there's been some improvement.

Unrelated to my play, but sorta nice, we passed a group of three and managed to spot one of their shots hitting a pond, pointing out the spot, they managed to find their disc which went into the pond, dude was wading almost nuts deep in there, apparently it was one of his more important discs.

Played unexpected 9 holes today. Shot -7, but the score isn't important. Since these were 9 holes between 100-156 very, my medium approach is getting better. Putting from beyond 20 feet improving. Gotta improve on whatever course or area is at your beckoning.

Spent the weekend throwing a new course that was actually halfway decent. Hazah!

On call today, but slow and I got in 12 at one course and 18 at another. Solo with a good amount of multi throw.

Hot. 90s, humid. Went fairly light with 12 discs.

Frightened by bird. Thought maybe it was a disc from a group of 4 poser chuckerz with gfs and strollers that magically caught up after I skipped a hole around them. A little later the gfs and strollers sat dead in the middle of a path 300 foot down hill on a 420 hole whilst the boys played up the same hill towards me. In the basket area a couple pre kindergarten types were dancing about. (It is under an awesome very grand old tree. This is an arboretum course..) My ideal line being screaming turn a foot over their heads on the path, So I twizzzled a jungle hole to the next pad instead, way out of the way. As I was holing out after a couple extra drives on the pretty as a peach across a small valley into a nice mature pine circle hole, I hear a 'look out'. I immediately look down the hill towards the group of gfs and strollers and sure enough a bright yellow disc fades at speed and skips off the path 10 feet in front of them across the path. Did not see much movement. 20 seconds later I here a 'fore' and the second guy had more beef and put his fade out 15 foot over their heads.
I had and got a peek at a couple of their other drives. What annoyed me was that they had some control and speed, but were not throwing long turn overs. Hyzer OS for anything more than 300. Ignorant.

// poser chuckerz is my own term. Dudes with minor dude attitude with grip style bags 20-26. Best shot is a 280-310 ft hyzer with an OS driver. This shot will be used on he's not requiring it. Shot shaping putting beyond 30 ft is poor. Can bang 25 foots at practice basket like mad. Often seen with vaporizers, cars with blacked out windows and fancy rims, bored girl friends, babies, marginally behaved dogs. Oddly, music is rare. They do not liter much, but rarely pick up thrash. Great customers at the local disc shops.

Last edited:
Played ok, threw Simsbury DGC today. I think I ended up being +2 or +3 since we were playing all threes. It was ok considering I am still recovering from my surgery and I am nowhere near 100%. I threw every disc that I brought with me, which was a goal. We all made our putts on 18 so that felt pretty good. Had a few beers and enjoyed the day.

I got third at my first A Tier as an AM2. I'm both happy and unsatisfied because I did leave a lot of stupid strokes (and a shot at winning) out there. It was the most DG I've played ever at three rounds of 22holes.

I planning on moving up to AM1 (at least for my new england region tourneys) now. I hear other region's rec/intermediate players are even as good our AM1 levels ;) but its not like I'm traveling out of this region anytime soon to play.

I also caddied for the final safari round for my DG Mentor, Bobby C as he won,over some players like Cameron Todd (nicest guy ever), Matt Bell, and Mike Moser.

Played my 3rd tourney of the year yesterday at Ghost Town in Colorado. Fun little course and I did really well the first round. I was sitting pretty comfortably in 2nd. Storm rolled in for the second round and I just got in my own head and **** the bed. It was a long drive back home so I left as soon as my card was turned in, knowing full well I had dropped off the podium. 26 people in MA2, so I'm hoping I still finished top 10 but with how badly I played the 2nd round (I went from 1 under my first round to 8 over my 2nd) I don't have much hope.

Didn't play all that bad yesterday other than being an idiot and getting my car stuck. Fore hands were little over the top but I was able to deal with it. Doubles time we couldn't quite get the birdies dialed in. Back hand was realing clicking with the lower slot and telling myself during the throw. "Drive with the elbow." Played a second round after that was a pickup game at the local hang out. Got the least experienced player. Didn't win of course but we sure had fun. Need to hit the putting basket and field of course but I really cant complain one bit about my play.

Shot a 41 - one off my personal best - at my local pitch and putt this morning. 438th round there. I ought to have it pretty well down by now. :p

...still dreaming of that elusive round below 40. ...just need to find an even easier course... now THAT'S a challenge!

Had a weekend of adventure golf. Played Catawba Meadows Friday, Harmon Hills and Mars Hill Saturday and 27 holes at Richmond Hill on Sunday. Played well all weekend despite the rain.
We were really surprised at Richmond Hill when we were waiting for a group to putt out, another group came up behind us and asked if we were locals. We told them we were in from Raleigh for a couple of days and they were already aware we played Harmon Hills the day before. What a friendly group of people.

My round yesterday (Sunday, July 5th), was unremarkable for the score 52 (-2) on an easy course, but it was particularly fun because my parents came along for the round and walked the course with me while I played. Dad even putted some. Nice to spend time with my parents at the park throwing discs. :thmbup:

Played 18 today at one of the harder courses in my area, Auburn Regional Park. Score was good, +1, confidence getting better. It helps when most of the holes are short distance. Had a few long holes, for my arm speed but was able to par most of the holes to go along with 2 birdies and 3 bogies (almost pars), so it's good. Drives were good, 14/18 good solid drives. Gotta keep on keepin on. The best almost part of the round was a kick off the tree, skip almost ace on a 215 foot dogleg right hole.

Last edited:
I had my longest throw ever this weekend. My glasses flew off as I was throwing. I found them, picked them up, and put them back on in time to see the disc fade out and land. I have no idea what I did differently... short run-up on an uneven dirt teepad.

Played my first tournament in the old man division Saturday. Also my first where I was under par for the day. Missed 1 putt inside the circle, but made up for it with a few from outside. Didn't cash, but felt pretty OK about both rounds.

Played a little random draw 4th of July Dubs tourney. Ended up drawing Cali and won shooting -8 which was only slightly embarrassing as my personal best(singles) on that course is -7. Oh well, a win's a win.

Played a full 18 holes today for the 1st time in Forever, on a course I had only played the Front 9 on. Ended up throwing -3 after hitting 6 Birds and 3 Bogies for the round. I got Tired. Lol. I am Fat and need to get back in shape. Glad my Putting can still semi save my round, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.