• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven birdies at Cascade Gateway Park for Salem's weekly.......but only finished two under! D'oh!

Okay, played even. I am the king of throwing a bogey right after a birdie. Had a drop in two on hole 6, then a four on a super easy hole 7. But made a great 30 foot putt to save par on 9. Always good to get out and throw no mattet what though.

Played in the weekly hosted by the local club, shot +4 but it was only the second time I played the long tees. Can't be too upset with that. Also joined the club for $20 and got a Canon and a bag tag. Now to hone up my game and take out the lower tag numbers.

So poorly, so, so poorly. But I'm pretty sure I was still winning with all of the fun I had!

Played in the Arlington, Tx mini at Veterans DGC. Had a disc stuck in a tree for an extra stroke, LOST a disc and also took another stroke. Couldn't make my birdie putts, but still ended up with 5 birds. Shot +2 and came in 4th place. Oh yah....I also scored an ACE and won $580.00. ;)

Went to Discstalker and picked up a back up Elite-X Comet. Decided to to squeeze in a quick round at Fort Yargo before watching the granddaughter this evening. Parked 1 and 3 with the new Comet and was having my best round ever at the turn (7 under through 9) Decided to put a strap on my glasses because of the sweat in the 95 degree heat, and the screw popped out of my glasses, and of course I couldn't find it with all the leaves and debris on the ground. :doh: Given limited time, decided to go to the eye doctor and get glasses fixed rather than go all weekend with broken frames. Of course, they closed early on Friday afternoon. :wall:

Ugh... Just played my local "practice course" on lunch (mostly short Mando holes)

... Only shot -3... No excuse on a short course... I had two holes with bad lines through trees that KILLED my score... I usually throw this as my Putter Only course, but, today I was throwing with a newer friend and tried to show what faster discs can do... I failed... miserably...

Damn. Not a good day.

I had an up and down day at Borderland. After a couple early bogeys and an penalty double, I canned a 35ft birdie on 9. After missing a short putt on 10 for bird, I hit a 20 footer on 11 for another. I survived until I overshot the approach on 15, costing my a stroke, then a weird rollaway on 16 cost me another. I hit a 30 footer on 18 to finish plus 3.

I played very well today. My friend has a 9 hole 2 tee pad course at his house that is a short course for practice. It's all ace runs, with a few tough choices. Hit cage and post several times, and kept up with my friend, who has about 10 years experience on me. Felt great and had tons of fun!

Still feeling out my new home course, The Hollows, in Manchester NH. Overall I shot an ok round at +2 with two birdies, but this course just showcases how much more consistent and accurate I need to be with all my shots. A bad kick makes you seriously scramble for a par save and even an above average shot on the right line doesn't get you inside the circle. McCabe, who designed it, came back for the official ceremony and shot -1 (long tees to long pins, my best on that layout is +3) so it gives me a solid goal to shoot for.

Did pretty well. Raised when I was supposed to, and folded when I was supposed to. $400 richer....

Oh wait this isn't the "How much money did you win playing holdem at a church festival" thread?:D

27 hole course at Kylmäkoski (Finland). For me, 20 birdieable holes, but only birdied six. Lots of bogies and the final score was +7.

I didn't feel nervous but I missed a lot of short putts.

Had fun, nevertheless.

Very happy with my rounds today. Shot 5 under, 49, on both of my home courses. Both personal records. My driving and putting both were pretty solid. I hit metal of a few other holes so the scores could have been a little better. I took a few days off this week and the rest seems to have helped out big time. Also I wasn't worried today about trying to imitate anyone else's style or about having perfect form I just went out and threw and had a good time playing my favorite sport.

Just above average rounds. Could almost touch a new PB, but just couldn't put together a solid outing, three hole stretch of +4 to start the back-9 ruined any chance of a PB on the second round, ironically had done much better on those holes in the first round, but on that round messed up on other holes. If I could cut down the errors to even one or two holes on the entire round, new PB would probably be a reality.

Unrelated to my throws, while helping a guy find his disc, which he did find thanks to our lucky position of seeing where he went into the deep bushes, found a different disc as well. After getting touch with the owner, that disc is going back home tomorrow.

Started off dinking a 70 foot birdie putt and thats how the rest of the round went. Id be good at DG if i could #stickputts

Shot -1 at Borderland whites. Missed a 25 footer for bird on 1, then made a 25 footer for par on 2. Nearly made a 50 footer for bird on 5 and a 40 footer on 6, also for a bird bid. Bogeyed 8 after missing a 25 foot putt. I then made a 20 foot low ceiling uphill putt on 11 to get back to E. After a tree yanked my drive on 12 and the upshot was errant, I canned a 40 foot par save on 12, the hole I hate the most at Borderland (any layout). After another tree yanked my drive far left on 15, my upshot hit another tree, leaving me an uphill 55 footer, which I subsequently nailed. Felt good considering I'm an 800 rated player at best. Finished the day with a park job birdie on 18.

Eh, still getting back into the game. Had a few good shots and missed some good putts. However, I did make a ~45' putt that was pretty nice! Best shot of the day. It finally stopped raining after nearly a month. I am not kidding. It never stops raining here.

36 holes (2 rounds), advanced grandmaster division. Round 1 rated 933, round 2 rated (ugh) 865. Tough course (Zboaz, Ft. Worth), still managed a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.