• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrific. Added 11 strokes to a course I played last week. And lost three discs.

Played at Morris Park in Fairmont, WV today. Scored the same on both the Seth Burton and Orange Crush course. Orange Crush is way harder than Seth Burton, so it just means I played bad on Seth Burton.

craptacular.

took some time after the doubles round and fixed my form up a bit. still off, but feel better. i hate leaving the course feeling like i have just ended on a poor note - i have to stay until i feel a little better and leave feeling like i am somewhat back in form.

I beat my best at a difficult course (SSE = 50) by 11 throws. Previous personal best, 72. New personal best 61. It was fairly elating, but I still think that course is too hard for me.

Last edited:
4th and 5th of July

Got to play a couple new courses (for me) over the Independence Day holiday in Baltimore and not sit at 60 courses played.

Swatso showed me around Lake Montebello on the 4th from the white tees. Played a very solid round, 57 for 18 holes, with my putting being considerably better than normal. I think that I only missed one putt inside of 25'-30' which isn't the norm for me. I probably saved 3-5 throws over a typical day due to my putting. The 5 I took on #17, due to a poor OB tee shot, was the only hole of the day that I was truly disappointed with. I'll definitely take it!

Then Fascinated Flyer and swatso showed me around Druid Hill on the 5th. Played from the reds and, again, played very solid with my hot putting (for me) carrying over for the 2nd day. Threw a 77 over 27 holes. Again, I think that I only missed one putt under 25-30'. I probably shaved 3-4 throws off of my typical score due to improved putting again.

I couldn't have asked for much more. Very solid playing, and excellent company. Good times!

Today was a good day. Went to Steele Creek Park in Bristol, TN and threw a bunch of practice throws on the soccer field there. Met a much more experienced player who gave me some tips on getting more distance and showed me how to throw a proper roller. Then we played nine holes and I parred the round!

Was mediocre. Missed 3 inside the circle and then 5 inside the circle and still threw a 995/994 split. So basically I am about back to my prime 2010 game. Now to start advancing my game for the first time in three years.

Started late. Played a quick 2/3's round with a buddy. Didn't throw particularly good or bad, we were playing fast to get as many holes in as possible. Had this cool zen thing going on like jeff bridges in tron legacy when i realized i have been constantly hyzer flipping my saint for the last month. felt good to see dividends in working to improve form. it was a great release not keeping any kind of score other than acknowledging good shots.

I'm satisfied. It was my first time out to Orange Crush/Seth Burton in Fairmont, WV - what an awesome one-two punch! The nearly omnipresent slope on Seth Burton led me to play it a bit conservative for fear of roll-aways, but that probably helped my score in the end. I blew a birdie opportunity or two, but I can accept that. Orange Crush was amazing - a gorgeous course, and a total butt kicker. Got to work the mids a lot on that one, and I mostly did a good job considering how fearsome a course it is. Did a lot of trekking into the rough for discs, but it's hard to avoid there. I hit some pretty memorable shots, including my first tomahawk during a round! It worked out beautifully, even if I almost killed my brother with it. :D I warned him first...

Had a pretty decent singles round today. Shot 57 on my home course with a bad elbow. Tweaked my throwing elbow on a forehand Wednesday and have had to play backhand since then. I'm not nearly as proficient with a backhand as I am forehand. Being able to throw close to my average with an "odd" throw makes me think that my backhand is coming along nicely.

The second round today was just all around fun. We ended up having a crew of 15 and not a single "that guy" :rolleyes: in the group. Played dubs. We let every group play through that came up behind us. Luckily the course wasn't crowded. We teed off on 1 at 3:00 and teed off on 18 at 8:00. It was an epic round. Everyone had a blast. We had 3 people from Tulsa that met up with my group in the first round stay and be a part of the super-group. Age range of the group was 21-late 60s. I had two spit outs from 100'+ and a third, missed chains by an inch, run. The second spit out was actually called by a friend of mine before I threw. He walked up to his lie and said to his playing partner that he would try to run the basket with a FH but being that he wasn't Dave, he would play it safe and not run it. He laid up for par and his partner hit some trees. Me being Dave, I get to my lie (which was about 2' to the right and 1' in front of my buddy's lie) and proceed to throw a FH bullet that slammed the chains and bounced off the pole and back out onto the ground. Everyone in our group heard Kenny's claim about not being me so when I chained out, everyone erupted with cheers. It's pretty amazing how loud 14 others can be when something like that occurs.

Man the worst i have played in a long time. Granted i have only played this course 2 times but man i really was bad. As much confidence i gained from the Mark Ellis program I just could not hit a putt. I missed a deuce on one hole for about a 15 ftr and it went down hill from there. :wall: I did hit a few decent putts but still missed many more that I should not have. I had a nightmare last night that the tree god chased me down and beat me with a stick for hitting just about every tree in the park!!

two of my best rounds possibly ever (3 if you include the warm up day Saturday)....820 player heading in and nailed an 868 round and took out amateur. Drives were kinda average apart from a few awesome birdies, and I missed the island hole 3/4 times with bad decision making...but my approach game was on.

Quite often hit a trep 20-30m from the tee, then park a 50-70m approach shot 2-5m from the basket and can the putt. Only missed one putt all weekend I felt I SHOULD have made.

Missed that elusive first ace by about an inch. Perfect flight, great line, oh so close.

I played ok today. The usual strikes and gutters.

But I did get my longest deuce ever on a hole that is very tough to get a 2 on! I don't think I know anybody else who's deuced it. It's a 537' hole with a tunnel shot that opens up to an open fairway with a sloping green. I'll very likely never get another 2 on it again; it felt better than an ace.

The picture doesn't do it justice. Nevertheless, Hole 10 at Hiestand:

4883c729_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.