• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i threw okayish. i'm experimenting with high speed discs now that i can hit 375-400 with my patriot and OLF on a local course (on what i consider "great" throws). so of course i'm going by the tee sign which i doubt the veracity of, but whatever.

bought a clear VIP (WHAT?!?!?! NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE, EVER, IN ALL MY INTERNET SEARCHES) sword and a white GL havoc (revisiting an old flame from my hucker days) to see what i could pull off now that i can reach out a bit further.

i gotta say . . . there are some long holes, 430 tunnel shot on a low line, that i could see myself in deuce position for. and i hit 400 with both the havoc and the sword with a lot less effort/hoping and praying. i could just throw them both and know they were going 400 feet. it was great. i will say i noticed a definite "tipping point" where the discs would either do as they were supposed to or not behave at all. will take some training to get it down right.

that said, i nearly parked my patriot on a 405' foot wide open (signage again) hole . . . and my havoc/sword went probably 420-430 . . . so not as big of a jump as i'd hoped, despite being easier to achieve said distance. i mean, come on . . . speed 7 vs 12? close to the same distance?

Last edited:
I had my best round ever today at Kit Carson park. It's set up a bit easier than normal but without any par 4s scoring is about as tough. I shot -10 with 10 birdies and no boggies. I also had a few really nice ace runs. The longest putt I made was about 28'. My tee shots were better than ever. :) I've really been working my BH form and quit smoking weed about 10 days ago, after being a daily for a really long time. I'm glad it's paying dividends already. I do miss smoking, but the way I've been playing makes me think I won't ever go back... well at least not to the same degree. :)

Threw well. Score did not reflect at only -1 but that is irrelevant. I throw RHBH, OH, and RHFH. RHFH are usually OS discs for distance or get out of trouble. Yesterday and today all drives and approaches were RHFH. Working the finesse game throwing sweeping annys and hyzer flipping. Hyzer flipping BH is fun but getting a FH to flip and rip on purpose is awesomely cool!! That and ripped a champ Leo FH to about 350'. Fun times

Shot my best at Shaver Park, a -3 , which is a 1027 on DGCR. I got an ace on hole #4, I struggled with this hole all year. It could have been an even better day as I missed 4 other birdie putts. I was playing out of my mind today on this course today, smooth drives. Now to continue doing that...

Won my division at league by two strokes. Went off the top on the course's baby hole. Would have been a $120ish ace had it stuck. Settled for $3 in 51 cash from my card mates.

Did some field work and was consistently hitting 280 from a standstill. I also worked on approach shots and was dialed in perfectly with my Ions. Let's hope it carries over to the course...

I played two rounds at Oregon Park in Marietta GA today. Played average and almost hit my first ace (disc hit the back rim of the basket and "lipped" out)... Gonna get it one day :(

missed like a hundred birdies today in the rain... and i didnt airball ****. ive never seen such ridiculous chain outs and blow throughs and stupid bounce outs in my life. like 15 foot tap ins that hyzered in just right of center, hit pole and bounced out. starting to have really bad feelings about mach 2's. my costco basket blows through less... OH WELL hope they stick on saturday...

i threw okayish. i'm experimenting with high speed discs now that i can hit 375-400 with my patriot and OLF on a local course (on what i consider "great" throws). so of course i'm going by the tee sign which i doubt the veracity of, but whatever.

bought a clear VIP (WHAT?!?!?! NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE, EVER, IN ALL MY INTERNET SEARCHES) sword and a white GL havoc (revisiting an old flame from my hucker days) to see what i could pull off now that i can reach out a bit further.

i gotta say . . . there are some long holes, 430 tunnel shot on a low line, that i could see myself in deuce position for. and i hit 400 with both the havoc and the sword with a lot less effort/hoping and praying. i could just throw them both and know they were going 400 feet. it was great. i will say i noticed a definite "tipping point" where the discs would either do as they were supposed to or not behave at all. will take some training to get it down right.

that said, i nearly parked my patriot on a 405' foot wide open (signage again) hole . . . and my havoc/sword went probably 420-430 . . . so not as big of a jump as i'd hoped, despite being easier to achieve said distance. i mean, come on . . . speed 7 vs 12? close to the same distance?

What course you playin', yo?

I'll be in the Cities this weekend hitting up some of the finest.

Played three solo rounds at my local 9-hole course, testing out my new Proton Volt and Gold Line River (my first Lat64 disc). Only 30F and windy as hell. My putting was all over the freaking map, probably didn't make a single one past 25 feet or so.

Early impressions of the new discs are really good, so it wasn't a complete loss. Gold Line has instantly become my new favourite plastic.

i want to thank everyone for posting in my thread, and keeping it g.

this thread... shes a strange beast. rarely does a post warrant a reply, and were all here talking to ourselves about the day's round. perhaps i will start replying to every post, and i can be the forum therapist. and soon once we talk it all out we can birdie all the holes in the world.

Hit consistent 350' shots in the field with the Star Teebird and Champ Valk. 50' added in the last month or so. Finally getting that straight pull with the wrist down. If I can keep it going, it should be smaller tweaks from here on out. Might be time to put a video up in the technique section.

Thank you, form gurus of DGCR.

My score didn't exactly reflect how I played today. All my tee shots were terrible, but I managed to stay under par. Had a legit 2 look on a par 4 so that was nice.

I played the Wabash Washout c tier yesterday. Temp course set up on the former Lafayette Municipal golf course. 1st round i couldn't get any putts to drop. shot 67 (+4). 2nd round started out bogey- double bogey, but recovered well to be 1 down after 13 holes, coming up on some birdie holes. and then the storms hit. the event title lived up to its name as the second round was washed out. i ended up finishing t-5.

Played solo at Vollrath this morning. Couldn't hit a putt over 10'. Did birdie 18, though, which I had never done.

I have a foot of new snow on our course, wasn't prepared for this so soon!:thmbdown:

I shot 4 over yesterday at Spring Valley, which is a personal best for me, since I usually shoot 9 over when I am out there

Status
Not open for further replies.