• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 in the rain at Castle Hayne this afternoon. First time playing with the Discmania DD i bought on eBay this weekend and was very pleased. Heavier than my Viking but throws just like it. Best round I've had on the course.

Heading to Raybun Gap, Georgia tomorrow for a weekend in the mountains. Hunting, guitar playing and beer drinking is the main agenda, but I'm going to try and squeeze in a few rounds in Clayton at Eagle Creek while I'm there. Not the most difficult course from what I've read, but it's the closest one to the cabin and I'm gonna try and convince my wife and two girls to join me so hopefully it'll pan out.

Today? I played sh|tty for you, great for me. Tied my best of 50 on my local course for the first time EVAR!

Yesterday was pretty good, considering I hadn't been out for almost a week, was trying out some new discs, and I've been retooling my putting technique. I had a lot of fun testing out an unLace; I couldn't believe how much it added to my drives. I parred a hole three consecutive times that I don't think I'd ever parred once before. That was nice. :D

Played for tags on Tues night and would have beaten a couple of Pros and taken a top 10 tag but.....missed a mando on hole 7 (585ft), had to re-tee, horrible upshot that left me 50ft out and downhill against a fence. missed the putt and took a triple bogey to help me on to a +3 59 - the pros played weak that night two of them shot a +1 and the other I tied at +3.
15 holes of good golf and then.....WTF? Beautiful evening for golf and got play with some good friends.

Was out doing some field work, hitting a pretty consistent 330-350, which distance wise is about where I've been for a couple weeks, but the accuracy is now getting nice. Anyways, while going at it, a kid (maybe 18-19) came up and asked if I could help him out. First time I've been asked for advice out of the blue like that...and it was kinda nice. I was a Little League coach for 5 years, and miss it quite a bit, so it felt really nice to go into that instructional mode for a bit. Of course, I had to use the disclaimer that I still have a ways to go myself, but I was able to help with the basics. He went from about 125' to 250' in ten minutes. Pretty awesome.

When we play, you'll have to show me how to go from 250' to 300'.

:|

I know its no longer yesterday, but servers were down. First ace last night, with a viper no less. Feels good man.

Well not today, but when I played the back 18 at Oakland - the whole thing, which is pretty rare for me anymore - I was ecstatic about a (-4), 2 bogies and 6 birdies. I've only gotten to play the back 18 twice since early July, and anymore I'm pretty happy shooting in the range of par out at Oakland. Used to expect to be 4-8 strokes under par on any given day.

played again last night, and another good night. Putting was just slightly off, but my approach game and driving was superb again. Parked a tough 285' tunnel shot with a slight curve to the right (maybe 10' right movement is all) 4 times in a row with 4 different discs. Had 30-40' putts on 3 other throws despite not being a disc i would normally throw.

Tourney at this course in 2 weeks, so I'm paying it a ton as it's a new one. Finally getting my line down on each hole. What disc, what line, how hard, etc. So the scores are really coming down. Hopefully that will help as there will be quite a few out of towners playing this tourney, so hopefully my course knowledge will allow me to finish well. Still have 2-3 holes i'm working out what disc to throw, but narrowing it down to 2 discs, so a few more rounds should have it dialed in. Especially on the blind drives, tough to figure out in only a round or 2.

Mostly terrible today. One of those days where all the Drivers I've been trying, that I liked too much to give up yet, just sucked. The kind of day you should have just thrown Mid ranges and worked on your form instead. Fortunately, my doubles partner was playing OK, and we made a lot of good recoveries. So we didn't get a single bogey in the end, and that was on Hole 13 at Dela, where a 4 is actually an "Am Par" ;) Nice to have a buddy backing you up on days like this.

Fought the wind and the rain this morning at the Marana Rock Disc Golf Course. We've recently got our course back after it flooding out for monsoon season. Pins are almost all deep right now (5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 16, 17 all in their longest positions), wind was damn tough blowing probably 20ish with gusts in the 30s all day. Rain from 14 on.

Shot +10, missed 9 shots from 25-40. One birdie on #3 (parked the drive) and one double bogey on 5 long (447, tunnel shot to a clearing then another 200 ft and a quick 20 ft uphill to the basket.) couldn't read the wind and had my teebird flip over for a loooong ride away from the basket.

Pretty happy, in better conditions, on this set up I can shoot +5ish, but if things go wrong this can be +15 pretty easily as well. Made a nice par on 13 which is a personally a beast of a hole for me and my shot shape.

Shot my first even par today at the hardest course in town, Crestmont Park. Was -2 through 16 and thought that I might have a chance at an under par round and went bogey bogey to finish out. Hated finishing like that but pretty damn stoked to be shooting even par rounds 2 months into playing :happydance:

Shot my first even par today at the hardest course in town, Crestmont Park. Was -2 through 16 and thought that I might have a chance at an under par round and went bogey bogey to finish out. Hated finishing like that but pretty damn stoked to be shooting even par rounds 2 months into playing :happydance:

Even at Crestmont is really solid when you're starting out, I assume that's from the longer tees. That's the course where I really learned to play more technical shots and I still enjoy going back there when I'm in town. :thmbup:

Second in league tonight. Forced a playoff and then used a Northman with a strip light that I wasn't used to and shanked the playoff hole (didn't want to sully my Viking with tape...). :doh:

after some back and forth, ive settled back into straddle push putting everything. its been windy lately so i figured id spin putt but its just not for me. drained some 50 footers in 30 mph wind today, felt real good. been loving my resistors, im trying to use them as much as possible so they break in. threw my neutron volt 400' effortlessly on a flex line, had lots of fun.

Another one of my best rounds... :)

My backhand form continues to come along. I had a couple getting out to 450ft earlier in the week. Today I played my home course Brengle Terrace in Vista. My last 2 rounds have tied my best at -5, so I knew a breakthrough was coming. Today I had 9 birdies, one bogie for a -8. I've been hitting a bunch of putts from outside the circle, and inside the circle has been solid. I recently switched back to anny putting as it is just more consistent for me.

Quitting smoking has had a much bigger affect on my game than I had hoped for. I just hope this all translates into some tournament success. San Diego Ace's North-South tournament coming up next weekend... I think I'm ready. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.