• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a return to Hudson Mills Metropark yesterday for the first time in 8 years. It was the highlight of my vacation, a picture-perfect, beautiful day. I even threw decently.

My, how it has improved (and gotten tougher) since the 1990s when I was there a lot...

Even at Crestmont is really solid when you're starting out, I assume that's from the longer tees. That's the course where I really learned to play more technical shots and I still enjoy going back there when I'm in town. :thmbup:

Yes sir, from the longer tees :D

The short tees are almost non existent anymore.

When you're in town again you should hit me up and we could meet up and play.

Finally got to play again after four days off. I'm an everyday player and I was getting itchy about all the rain lately. Good weather overall this season and now that I'm chasing the sun after work - rainy weather. I love October golf. Only a few weeks of daily play left for the year.

Kinda mediocre on the front and blew up a little on the back today. Ran a bogey train for 3 holes and then took a double. Finished with a birdie though and ended up 3 over. 3 birds and just one 2-putt. Playing again after a few days off was Grrreat!

Played Hawk's Landing, Eden, NY. +4, but I think it was my lowest round ever at that course. Played with 3 Open players 2 of which were half my age. Had the low round. :D

Always a great time at the Hawk. And especially sweet to beat up on the youngins.

Played Brown Deer and Dretzka for the first time, and then played Riverside in West Bend. Sucked at Brown Deer, was ok at Dretzka, and terrible at Riverside.

Either way, it was a great day to take vacation and throw plastic all day!

Played DeLaveaga in Santa Cruz for the first time today, had a blast. Pretty poor overall, but i managed a birdie on 17 & quite a few pars.

Got a 1 hour lesson from Jack Trageser in Santa Cruz. He was able to give me several form changes that were immediately helping my drives. Can't wait to spend some field time working more on that!

My dad is in town from Kentucky, but was able to sneak in a quick 18 holes at the local course while he napped.

Played OK. Viking is back in full effect and doing wonderful, but damn if my hands aren't liking that Prodigy D3 again. :doh:

Played 2.5 rounds at Reedy Creek in Charlotte, NC. Played very well and hit a lot of great shots but holes 13,14, and 15 kicked my butt both rounds. If not for those holes I might have set a new personal best on the course. 14 is the one that really kicks my butt.

It a open shot for 100 feet into a wooded area. The basket is a dog leg right about 200 feet and the entire hole from the woods on is going down a giant slope.

I hate that hole.

First throw of the day I park a 460' hole with a D2, then next hole I park a 375' hole with an Ion. Then shot some practice putts and made them all. Got a good feling about today. Gonna head out and film at either Deis Hill or Oak Ledges.

^^ Nice!! Mike your videos are great! I played a round at my campus course EOU in La Grande Oregon. Shot -8 out of 9 and -14 under for 18 and I hit cage twice. The weather was so still and the discs were flying great!!

Thanks! And killer shooting!

I just did one of the coolest things. Hole 1 at Deis Hill is 978' from the blue tee where I threw from. I hit the basket on my second shot :)

Ace Race today, shot ok, but just one metal.

Aces Revenge, which was the second part of the event, was another story. 2 aces, 2 metals, and won 1st place to bring home a couple discs AND a Gateway Titan 24 chain portable basket. Not too shabby for my first organized event and having never hit an ace before today!

Played our newest course for the 5th time & shot 3 down with 2 OBs resulting in (3) 5s

Ace Race today, shot ok, but just one metal.

Aces Revenge, which was the second part of the event, was another story. 2 aces, 2 metals, and won 1st place to bring home a couple discs AND a Gateway Titan 24 chain portable basket. Not too shabby for my first organized event and having never hit an ace before today!

:hfive:

Just wrapped up 27 holes at the local niner.

Mostly practice shooting and had me a l'il "Battle of the Drivers" featuring: Champ Viking, Ace Race 2013, GL Striker and Star SL.

Once again, the Viking beat out the competition in all categories.

Also, why are all Lat 64 discs SOOOO tempermental??

like crap and then some. played in my first tournament today, sighned up for amature division, only 21 players and i came in 19th could not settle down and play my game, hopefully after getting one under my belt ill do better next time.

I shot a 65 (3 over posted par) at Armco Park Blue Course today. I am pretty pleased with that score because most of the baskets have just been moved to the longer placements.

like crap and then some. played in my first tournament today, sighned up for amature division, only 21 players and i came in 19th could not settle down and play my game, hopefully after getting one under my belt ill do better next time.

Keep your head up...once you get some more experience in tournament play, you will have better results. The first one is always tough.

Played my first ever League this morning at Rollin Ridge!

Threw a 57 from the Red Tees to the B baskets.

Pretty good round overall :) Took a 6 on #18, missed deuce putts on 2 8 and 17, but 3'd holes 8 through 14 for a nice run.

"Mehsville", but mostly because I missed a few easy putts in spectacularly mystifying fashion. I did all the heavy lifting to set myself up for some easy putts, and somehow completely missed the basket. I was like, "WTF! :eek: Why isn't it my arm listening to me? :confused:"

:eek:

But for the most part, I was pretty happy with my tee shots, which is usually my weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.