• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh. i was doing well, someone returned a disc to me, only to lose it the next round. after i gave the guy 10$ for returning it. AWESOME.

putter shakeup in the bag has my putting worse than normal, but i can feel it will get better soon. did some practice afterward to get used to the different putters and it helped a lot.

My first round today I shot even par on a course I've never parred. The second round was a tale of two halves. After 10 holes I was sitting at -4. I shot +5 on the last 8 holes to finish at +1. sigh

One under from the short tees at Harry Myers (shorts at HM are nothing to sneeze at despite a couple of generous pars). That tied my best and I feel like I left some strokes behind that I was capable of making. Soon I'll beat it. My formerly ever-changing bag has settled down and that has helped.

Curtis

Played 2 rounds of dubs on 2 different courses. My partner and I lost the first round, but then we got redemption on the 2nd round. Had a great time. I absolutely love this game!

Played my first PDGA tournament ever and got 2nd place in rec this weekend. 42 holes day one and 27 day 2 plus a 3 hole play off. I'm exhausted.

Not bad. Started with a deuce and ended with a deuce. +2 overall after 27 at Joseph Davis State Park. A stupid double bogey on #4. A decent drive spoiled by a tentative and wimpy upshot put me in the middle of the really thick thorn bushes and then I missed a 10 footer. But other than that I was happy. Played solo; no crowds; and the weather was ideal. Met a buddy as I was starting #24. And after a mediocre drive on 26 he asked if I ever tried a Tern. I haven't so I gave it a go. Damn near aced with it! So now it's a new toy come payday.

Played 18 holes at Brekke Park in Stillwater,MN. Shot -2 which was real good for me. Used a Z Buzz and MVP AMP. Came very close to an ace on hole 2. Weather was chilly at 58 degrees but nice for chain slammin . Lots of people out today.

How did I play today?

simply :gross:

but it'll get better.

Played Great Blue Heron in Norwalk, OH. It had been torn up by a tornado this spring, the parks dept and local club have worked hard to restore it and it's looking good. They have the short baskets in now.

Met up by chance with a young man I had met there previously, his dad was with him today. We only played 18 of the 24 due to time constraints. I shot my best ever there through 18, was +4. Beautiful day.

Oh yeah, I tried my first Roc, brand new dx. It really does wait until the end of its flight to turn. Very handy little bugger.

Last edited:
Got my first pro win this weekend and shot my first 1060 rated round. Felt pretty darn good.

Good/Bad. I left the round unhappy with my play but I carded 3 birdies... but 3 bogeys + 1 double bogey. I know 2 over isn't bad but it was below my expectations. I need to get my expectations in check and chill out.

Got my first pro win this weekend and shot my first 1060 rated round. Felt pretty darn good.

The Brown Deer tourney? I was playing BD on Friday and a guy mentioned he was getting a sense for the course for that. We figured that's why most of the pins were in the long positions...

either way, congrats!

after taking a week off I went and played in a tournament in the rain on Saturday. I used the advice that I have often given to other players. The way to win is to shoot the lowest score. It worked again.

The Brown Deer tourney? I was playing BD on Friday and a guy mentioned he was getting a sense for the course for that. We figured that's why most of the pins were in the long positions...

either way, congrats!

Yup, shot a -6 the first round that was 1060, it was great.

Had a great round at Cedar Hill in Nashville, TN.

My putting is still a little off, but my drives have been phenomenal. I've been getting close to 400' on a standstill FH. I'm finally settled on my bag, and I think I'm realizing how much that helps your score to have a set of discs you are familiar with and committed to.
Giant->Trespass->xXx->Escape->Truth->Judge. Everything else is a filler more or less.

Also, congrats on the win horsmanm!

Shot a +7 @ Margrath Reimer Reservoir disc golf course in Palatine, IL. Most of the holes are short enough to par but the elevation changes are intensely rough.

I played pretty bad this weekend. 3 rounds in B-Tier @ Tahoe Vista. I shot better each round and had a great weekend full of par and bogey save putts! It got kinda spooky after a bit. I was just not getting out of the tee box all weekend. I hit trees and kicked off the fairway probably 45 times out of 54 holes! It was a scramble fest. My putting and upshots saved me from a really, really depressing round.
Overall.....I got to play with some real good players and study their games and I also got served up a large slice of humble pie.

Lost my composure a few days ago on the 11th hole at Wortmon Park. I was throwing an approach shot to go for a par, then tripped on a rotten apple and slipped. Not taking a moment to regroup also got me a bogey or double bogey on hole 12 and that was the first time I kicked my bag. Glad I was the only one on the course.

Took a few days off to make sure I get my composure back, especially since I was having one of my best rounds before the slip and fall. Taking it slow to keep my cool next time.

Two roll aways cost me two strokes.
Made some great putts though.
Bird, bird, bird finish for my best score to date on specific course.
Shot a 57 par 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.