• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot even at riverside. couldnt hit a putt to save my life.

then left that awful course and played calvary, shot off the real mountain tee on hole 5 cuz no one was out on the course, and shot a -5 which tied my PB there

I had the pleasure of playing the 9 hold course at Samuel S. Lewis State Park in York, PA today. I thoroughly enjoyed the course... my primary goal, and I threw pretty well, too. I threw a 27, par for the course, and felt very happy with that.

If you're ever in the area, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. It's not the hardest, or most technical, course out there. But it's a fun challenge that I would love to play again and again. I know that there are a lot of other options in the surrounding area, but this course should be enjoyable for just about everyone.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=6624

Got 9 holes in today on the red layout. Used my lawnmower as a cart. Beautiful day out there, started with 2s on 1,2,3, and 5 - parred the rest for a -4, only my 4th round in the last 8 weeks and not quite my best round on one leg. But, it was my first deuce on hole 5 with one leg, and I believe it was my first from a standstill. Historically I've always done a runup with a roc. Today I used a dx teebird from a standstill - also likely my longest throw since I broke my foot at 250' (exactly 0 elevation gain/loss, light breeze). The lawnmower doesn't make the best cart, tough getting off and on, but I'm definitely less tired than if I would have walked the entire round.

WOW! Cart golf.

Played Lakewood Hills on Thursday and had a great time. My upshots and putts were spot on.
Today was a field work day and had a horrible time trying to work on some different shots. It gets frustrating when the shots you know don't work and getting the new shots to just begin to do what you want.
The only plus was when a huge Bald Eagle came over the field I was throwing. He dropped to around 100' and was circling overhead while I was throwing. He was there for around 10 minutes and after each throw, I would look up to see his head turning and watching as the disc flew by. It was quite a nice thing to watch.

Played 9 at Whitecap today, had to rush through it cause I had to bring some things to my wife at work, but had a fun 9 and found that I play better when I just do it and don't overthink. Hit two birdies in a row which was great, had one dumb bogey. Found my best putting style is an anhyzer type putt like Josh Anthon, made a few great putts. Also found one of my favorite discs that I lost about a month ago, my MVP Shock. I had sent it into a patch of tall grass infested with wasps, but it was cut down and I took another look and got her back :D Not a bad day, especially considering I didn't plan on discing today anyhow.

In a couple of weeks are having a doubles tournament on a temporary course. Got to go out and play the layout today with the designer. Was fun, but it sure is tough. So much O.B.

Snuck in a couple rounds, first in a week. Shot well both rounds, and beat my buddy by 2 and 1. A good day.

shot even on the first 17 at millstream. lets not talk about hole 18...

saw two people lose their discs due to water. made a 100 foot upshot. learned a new line on a hole.

good day

Had a really fun time with my friend, we tried something new. He isn't the best so he doesn't always have a good time tossing with me, but we did a bag swap round and had a blast watching how our discs fly in someone else's hands. He really was digging the gpd. I'm going to try to convince the group I play random dubs with to do bag swap dubs. We draw for teams and then flip or draw to see who gets whose bag. I think it's a good idea for fun games with only 5$ on the line and maybe even the playing field a bit.

Finished T-5 at the Mighty Mo here in KC today. I know I played pretty well but definitely had a shot to finish a couple of strokes better or even win the thing.

My first round I made a handful of silly mistakes, 3-putted on one hole, grip-locked OB on another. Had a bunch of birdies but also made those silly bogies to finish even 54 at Cliff Drive.

At Waterworks I knew the course was short and I knew I could put up a hot round, I felt confident from my practice the day before. I was driving the disc really really well but just didn't putt well. On at least 15/18 holes I had a birdie putt inside of 45 feet. At one point, on holes 8-12, I missed 5 straight birdie putts, all inside the circle. Chain-out-left, facemask, everything.

I really felt confident putting, too; just those few putts were a little bit off. Could've had a shot at a really really nice round. A 44 or 45 was definitely a possibility.

Played in a tourney today at a course I've never seen which had the following fun combo: Lots of elevation. Rain. 20 mph gusty wind. A few nasty super tight (as in - where is the line again?) holes. I ended up 12/20 in INT which is just about what I expected given the conditions. Shot better the second round and picked up some nice birds. My putting just killed me....missed too many 20-25' putts that I should be draining most of. Nothing like a very difficult hole and dropping it 20' out (everyone else on card is 50-100+ out), getting high fives off the tee......and still taking a 3. :wall:

But the highlight of the day for me was 2nd hole of the 1st round. 600' par 4. Slightly downhill. Mostly open on the first shot (rough is nasty but the fairway is more than generous). There is a gap in the hedgerow you have to place yourself in front of to have a decent line at the pin. Second shot is tucked away on the right requiring a FH to have a decent putt at it. Add in a nasty crosswind to make it more fun. First drive I really ripped into my sidewinder. Came out on the line I wanted and it flipped up flat and starts slightly turning right as planned. I realized I got a lot into it - more than normal - and it keeps sliding off right. Uh oh. Is it going to fade? WHEW - finally fading. Hooks up and ends dead center in the gap at ~375-400' out. It was downhill slightly and that did help, but for me 300 on the flat is an excellent drive - getting that extra 75-100 was sweet. That left 200-225 that I needed to finish right. Fired up the 'ole firebird and drilled a low laser. Fades, skips. 15' long and I can the birdie 3. Felt good to be the only one on either cards to get even close to that one in 3. Now if only I didn't follow it with a 5.

Finished T-5 at the Mighty Mo here in KC today. I know I played pretty well but definitely had a shot to finish a couple of strokes better or even win the thing.

My first round I made a handful of silly mistakes, 3-putted on one hole, grip-locked OB on another. Had a bunch of birdies but also made those silly bogies to finish even 54 at Cliff Drive.

At Waterworks I knew the course was short and I knew I could put up a hot round, I felt confident from my practice the day before. I was driving the disc really really well but just didn't putt well. On at least 15/18 holes I had a birdie putt inside of 45 feet. At one point, on holes 8-12, I missed 5 straight birdie putts, all inside the circle. Chain-out-left, facemask, everything.

I really felt confident putting, too; just those few putts were a little bit off. Could've had a shot at a really really nice round. A 44 or 45 was definitely a possibility.

damm. sorry to hear that. hope you had fun though

Felt good to be the only one on either cards to get even close to that one in 3. Now if only I didn't follow it with a 5.

years down the road you will only remember that sweet 3, not what you did after. nice job sounds awesome!

Scored two down on the short baskets at Ditto Farms. With gusty winds and no rounds during the week I was pretty happy with the outcome. Switched to a left-to-right run-up, which solved the problem of pulling drives right and felt much more comfortable.

Threw two drives on the last hole and sank two 33-footers – nice way to end the round.

Funniest shot of the day was a FH approach that needed to hyzer around some trees. I grabbed what I thought was my Zone, threw the shot, and was amazed to see it straighten out and finish way left.

Turns out that I threw a Tursas rather than a Zone. :doh:

But best of all my wife did not wind up in the emergency room this week. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts