• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So this bag walks into a bar...

Rat_

Bogey Member
Ok, so I have my winter line up set for the most part, with a few auditions still taking place. I have 290-345 of power and throw mostly teebirds backhand and forehand depending on the pin location. Any feedback on my disc lineup is greatly appreciated. I have a bit of a log jam in the mid department since I play on a few courses that are radically different in the amount of wind present and how dense the woods are, and need some major help in picking up a main driver for holes > 340.

Fairway (168-172 grams)
2x DX Teebird 1 beat, 1 newer (backhand)
1x Champ Teebird (forehand)

Utility
Firebird (overhand), but also becomes my main driver for either a pistol or backhand if it's windy

Midrange
FLX Drone 180 (in really windy conditions or if I need a meat hook)
Z Buzz 175 (easy to power up on a low line for a long straight shot)
Fuse 171 (understable mid, worthless in a headwind)
Hawk 175 (trick shots, basically use like a driving putter)

Putter
Yeti Aviar

Auditions
151 & 165 DX Destroyer
166 X-Avenger
MD2
Meteor

If you like the Teebird for your driver I would look at a PD or Orion LF for more distance. The teebird can be worked out to farther than 340 as well but something faster will probably be easier to get there. Starfire gets an honorable mention for this slot and might work the FH better. It is a little faster than the first to options with more fade as well.

Thanks for the suggestions Steve!

I have tried the P-PD and did really like it, but had some issues with the durability and it seemed a bit more nose angle sensitive on the forehand release then a Teebird. Overall I dropped it from the lineup because even when I did have a nice rip it was getting out only 30 feet further than the Teebizzle.

I have an OLF sitting on my rack collecting dust and should try playing with it again. I originally kicked it out of the bag for being too similar to the teebird but have gained 60 feet avg on my drives since then and hear good things about it.

the dx destros should be good for wide open drives but at that weight may be harder to control. i think something like a star or champ sidewinder around 167-169 would be good for max d. the rim is not a lot bigger than the teebird and has enough low speed stability when new to be consistent. how does the avenger fly for you?

The X avenger is a tad overstable for me if I don't get a clean release, but for the most part is has a little pull to the left during HSS, then straight, and finishes right (left handed). It is a bit "slick" compared to DX so I am a bit iffy on it since I play in rainy weather lots too.

throw about 100 overhand and forehand rollers with the avenger and it will be $$$. you can leave it outside and let the weather break it in as well.

also PDs are tits in all plastics. for discs you're trying out there will be alot of overlap between your MD2 and your buzzz. the molds are different but cover alot of the same shots. between your buzzz meteor and drone you should have all mid shots taken care of.

Like your setup...maybe a faster stable driver like a striker. Mids look good to me, just work with them to help push your distance out

Latest posts