• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] So. What'd you buy this holiday?

i ended up getting a buzzz, wasp, and 3 wizards for myself while shopping for SS's. i don't throw any of these but want to give them a whirl.

2 x Black Zero Medium Pures
1 x Smoke Zero Medium Pure

Pures have taken over my circle putting and jump putt duties.

I've decided to be an Innova guy for now so I've been picking up new, vintage DX and CE to super pearly premium plastics (01-06).

Picked up a 1st gen CE QJ (QJLS) 170g with a 2002 tourney stamp cheap off ebay because the guy didn't put a pic of the factory writing on the back but sent it to me via email. It should be in today or tomorrow's mail.

If my girlfriend knew how many discs I bought she would be unhappy... BUT I got a new job so that makes it okay, right? RIGHT?!?

Left to right, top to bottom:
Bio Trespass, Opto Striker, GL Mace, Opto Pure, Soft pure
Fzn Trespass, VIP Stag, GL Mace, Opto Fuse, Opto pure
TP Giant, Opto XXX, Opto Mace, Opto Mace, Opto fuse, Med Sinus
VIP Giant, GL XXX, RGL Mace, Opto Trident, Soft pure, Soft pure
VIP Sword, Opto Villain, Opto River, Opto Saint Pro, Opto Trident, Lucid Truth

11224182285_e0b4b276b5_c.jpg

#therearetwodogsinthisphoto #imintrouble

So Clard, after spending over $300 on yourself, I hope you bought her something really nice. Otherwise you WILL be in trouble. :p

Mystery boxes. .....meh.

Tourney stamp pro d buzzz
Prototype verdict with truth bottom stamp x2 both 179 g
Dbl stamp lucid truth
Quit your job dye max Truth biofuzion
Classic FR fugitive
Crystal Z nebula LE
Classic soft judge
Classic soft suspect
Biofuzion fugitive
Flx avenger
LE z meteor
Oop elite z MRV
Lat. 64 river LE material test run
Pro d challenger x2 flat/domey silver rainbow foil/red fire holograph like foil
Esp nuke
Biofuzion dbl stamp truth
FR lucid renegade
Dyemax biofuzion trespass
Dx preflight wolf (Ontario) same as rancho?
Champ king cobra (Ontario)
Silver rainbow stamp dx gator

One other tourney I have no identified

You just convinced me to NOT buy a mystery pack.

Magnet has arrived.

I have to say, the Magnet is my favorite of the 6 discs I ordered. It's a nice green, with a little bit of bluish and yellowish swirl. My camera makes things look dull for some reason.

Also got a little note. I'll have to shop at Community Discs again :thmbup:

1205131431_zpsb637b604.png

comnotemag_zps2931ae25.png

I've decided to be an Innova guy for now so I've been picking up new, vintage DX and CE to super pearly premium plastics (01-06).

Picked up a 1st gen CE QJ (QJLS) 170g with a 2002 tourney stamp cheap off ebay because the guy didn't put a pic of the factory writing on the back but sent it to me via email. It should be in today or tomorrow's mail.

Unthrown CE sweetness at under $40 shipped :) This will go in both my premium plastic bag and my mainly DX pre-2003

Between my girlfriend and I, we got:

Moonshine Saint Pro
HyzerBomb Tank
Glow Wasp
Glow Comet
Crystal Wasp
Star Sidewinder
Evo Karma
Aerobie something
Icon Clutch
Protege Clozer
ESP Predator
Blizzard Wraith
GL Havoc
GL Vision
Lucid Verdict
Opto Ruby
Sparkle Pearl

Thinking about getting a gateway backpack for my b-day on December 6th, good idea? Comes with 4 gateway discs and thinking going spirit, demon, voodoo SSS and a wizard rff

So Clard, after spending over $300 on yourself, I hope you bought her something really nice. Otherwise you WILL be in trouble. :p

A couple nice pieces of jewelry are going to smooth things over in the near future!

Moonshine Escape from local shop, 2 Pinnacle Rivals from market place, and 2 sparkle rivals (1 black, 1 gold) from GGGT (only $10.50/each)

Add to this a pair of Vibram FF KMDs, a Legacy hoodie, an XMas Rival, and hopefully a couple of 1st run Gauges soon.

If my girlfriend knew how many discs I bought she would be unhappy... BUT I got a new job so that makes it okay, right? RIGHT?!?

Congrats on the new job man! I was laid off back in mid-April and I made a $110 or so order w/my first unemployment check and spent the summer playing lots of disc golf. Started a new job in late September and I've since bought about 20 discs, a Voodoo Karma and tomorrow I'm being sent the Utilikilt I earned back at GenCon :) Beginning to look a lot like Discmas.

I agree tho, you better have got your woman something nice or she will lynch you when she finds out how much you blew on plastic heh.

Thinking about getting a gateway backpack for my b-day on December 6th, good idea? Comes with 4 gateway discs and thinking going spirit, demon, voodoo SSS and a wizard rff

If I hadn't been so set on the Voodoo Karma, the Gateway backpack deal was really calling to me. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Add to this a pair of Vibram FF KMDs, a Legacy hoodie, an XMas Rival, and hopefully a couple of 1st run Gauges soon.

I play disc golf in my Utilikilt and some VFF Bikilas. I want a pair of Spyridons for better traction in mud, but except for mud the Bikilas have been awesome.

Last edited:
I figure they're kind of like albums. Maybe 3-5 good songs, and the rest are just filler crap.

Yes and yes.

I'm glad my foolishness has helped others.. However, there are some goodies. The judge and two challengers, though simple are really gorgeous.

End up getting the Mini-Backpack from Gateway for my b-day. Looking forward to actually trying a few of their discs that aren't putters (spirit and demon) and I plan on posting a good review on the forums with a lot of pics of said Mini-Backpack since there are not a lot of reviews for it online

Latest posts