• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

software to make tee sign????

So there would be a photo of the hole on the teesign of the hole your about to play from the same perspective?

Travis, Josh Carroll here. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I'm studying graphic design at K-State and actually helped out an environmental architecture intern with the signage for Fairmont Park disc golf course up here in Manhattan.

Cool that you're looking into getting some signs out at Konen Creek though!

Not really set on anything right now as far as if we're putting signs in at the Creek. I just grabbed one of Scarpfish's pics and started playing around. I'm working on a project for McPherson to put in an additional 18 hole at Wall Park. I'm off burning a week of vacation so I didn't lose it and started playing with excel while i'm bored.

So there would be a photo of the hole on the teesign of the hole your about to play from the same perspective?

Yes. On really wooded courses i could see where this could be a problem, but Konen Creek is very open with only two semi-blind holes.

FWIW, I personally strongly prefer an overhead view on tee signs to a perspective from the tee.

Yes. On really wooded courses i could see where this could be a problem, but Konen Creek is very open with only two semi-blind holes.

It just felt a bit redundant to me, but I did like the added lines on the fairway.

Whether it's aerial or tee-perspective, it's about giving the augmented reality view. Aerials make for easier illustrated maps. Tee-perspective photo is nice because it has fewer mental hoops to relate illustrated objects to real ones. Just make sense of the photo and imagine a line, easier than a symbolic map.

Whether it's aerial or tee-perspective, it's about giving the augmented reality view. Aerials make for easier illustrated maps. Tee-perspective photo is nice because it has fewer mental hoops to relate illustrated objects to real ones. Just make sense of the photo and imagine a line, easier than a symbolic map.

Sure, but on a blind hole it doesn't give you any idea of how far around the corner you have to go or if there are any OB areas to worry about out of sight. The overhead perspective would show you that lurking pond that's going to eat your disc just out of sight where a perspective view wouldn't.

FWIW, I personally strongly prefer an overhead view on tee signs to a perspective from the tee.

Me too. A photo from the tee box shows me little to nothing that I can't see with my own eyes while standing at the tee box next to the sign. :|

For drawing signage, let me recommend Libre Office (or Open Office) Draw. There is no "tree" shape, but you can adapt and overlap shapes to make pretty decent tree shapes for an overhead view. If you happen to have a vast budget for software (or are into software piracy) Visio would work well also.