• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spam posts

Happens. Can't be helped with a forum as open as this one. The Mods and SysOps folks seem to get rid of the trolls pretty quickly. :clap:

Sorry, I'll stop.
depressed.gif

I know, and Im not trying to step on anyone saying they aren't doing their jobs. I actually thought the spam registration level of this forum was pretty legit with a captcha and a picture question thingy. It never fails though when there is a rule to be broken or bent someone will find a way to do it.

I know, and Im not trying to step on anyone saying they aren't doing their jobs. I actually thought the spam registration level of this forum was pretty legit with a captcha and a picture question thingy. It never fails though when there is a rule to be broken or bent someone will find a way to do it.

It doesn't happen very often, don't worry. You just got unlucky by joining when it happens. Not really a problem around these parts.

I tried to report the posts as spam, but ran into an annoying roadblock - you must wait 60 seconds between making reports.

It would be nice if timg could reduce or eliminate the wait time... Unless it's the because people abuse post reporting.

^ That's exactly why. He doesn't want an inbox full of 1500 emails pertaining to reports because one or two people went click happy.

Spam was bad today. Spam on the weekend is worse since none of the mods are bored at working checking the site. We are all out, you know...disc golfing. :| So it sometimes takes longer for somebody to get to it.

Yeah I was at work while everyone was disc golfing. I kept looking for the next interesting post and the spam popped up.

Last edited:
For the most part, I think the mods do a pretty good job keeping the board clean.

This is by far the worst I've seen it in my 4 years here. :thmbdown:

But thank you, mods, for doing what you can.

yeah, not the first time the spammers come out on US holidays.

I had noticed the posts this weekend. I really haven't seen much spam on here, so it kinda surprised me.

Latest posts