• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Spring 2020 - What have you bought/what do you want?

Finally found a really stable Stalker (swirly Ti) to bookend that part of my bag. So now I can stop carrying a Rival/Teebird to complement my Stalkers.

That's pretty much it, just waiting on my new Pound bag and practicing putting until the world re-opens.

And yes, as far as I can tell: S-blend Exodus is actually a Star Eagle-L with a new brand and stamp. Good disc.

The Exodus is a nice disc. I'm actually really liking a lot of the Infinite line up. The Aztec works great for my noodle arm and I'm liking the Ra too. Probably doesn't hurt that I got an ace with one this year lol.

Ah, that may be true. I'm not a fan of G-star, so not up to date in that regard.

There are still F2 Eagle-L's available in champ from the Factory Store if you ask nicely or know the right folks.

And yes, as far as I can tell: S-blend Exodus is actually a Star Eagle-L with a new brand and stamp. Good disc.

This is good as it takes out the searching now, using the Eagle-L for one mold and the Eagle-X in my mind as the Eagle flight for the Eagle mold. makes it a tad easier to find the discs you want, thanks Infinite people. This makes it easier for my dad if he ever gets back into disc golf.

I have heard with most players who play more frequent and use Comet discs, that I betcha can't just have one, like once you Comet you just can't stop.

I'm definitely looking to procure backups. I'll probably wait til I can pick one out in person.

Looking to get TL3 and a Star Xcal. I really don't need anymore discs, but I'm a addict. I won't stop buying till I own every disc!

Corona came along just before my Disc Buying Season, so I've backed off on new purchases.

:(

Getaway in Lucid. The first Getaway I tried I returned, it was in fusion burst and it would just immediately start turning left as soon as I threw it. Not so much with it in Lucid.

Interesting. Was the Fuzion a lot more domey than the Lucid? I've got a decent stack of Getaways across most of the plastic types, and dome seems to be the thing that causes overstability more so than plastic type. Biofuzions are really where this mold shines IMO.

This off-season I moved from the midwest (low elevation, high wind) to the mountain west (high elevation, low wind) so the types of discs I'm throwing regularly has changed quite a bit. Not a lot of new molds, but definitely has changed which molds are my workhorses. As a result I've stocked up this spring on backups for the flippier side of my bag -- Tursas, Stags, Hatchets, Vanishes, and Biofuzion Trespasses.

What makes me sad is that some of my old favorite molds rarely get thrown now. :(
I've got more Getaways and Verdicts than I need.

I bought two more baskets for the home course, got a Pound Carlton bag and I discovered Kastaplast K1, so that means I'm pretty much tossing anything I can swap out of my bag to get more of that amazing plastic into my possession.

Grabbed a fresh VIP Warhorse as my most OS one is beating in, a Nikko Ahti to try and a fresh Swan2 for putting. New blue and grey Westside hat as well while MSt had them on sale. Need to get another Kahu on my next order I'm really liking the mix of glide and stability.

A Halo Star Firebird and two Halo Star Sidewinders. The Sidewinders are trying to work their way into my bag.

Bought a new Kastaplast Reko. I use them as putters but this one was soft so it'll end up being for upshots. What I really need to buy is a driving putter that has a similar profile. I gave up wizards last year since switching to the Reko for putting. Not sure to do for driving now. I also got a couple dx Rocs since I love them and they are super cheap.

Interesting. Was the Fuzion a lot more domey than the Lucid? I've got a decent stack of Getaways across most of the plastic types, and dome seems to be the thing that causes overstability more so than plastic type. Biofuzions are really where this mold shines IMO.

As far as I could tell, yes, the fusion burst did have a tad bit more dome. I think it had something to do with my release. But the Lucid Getaway seems to just want take off out of my hand with no problems.

To stay on topic. I'd like to spend the rest of this season picking up the some of the limited edition stuff that Trilogy has come out with this year.
As well as replacing the gasmask Warden that got stolen off a course last year. Such a cool stamp. I'm planning on having three prime wardens for putting, and three fusions for off the tee. Well...actually, just more Wardens. They really are a game changer for me. I've tried so many putters, it's actually really nice to have one finally lock in for me, and of course, I always need more Harps...

I haven't bought a new mold in over a year. I'm not really considering buying any new ones either. Perhaps I'll get a couple of new Sparks if I can find some first run ones

I got a couple of boring backups—Lucid Verdict and GStar Thunderbird. A 157g Champ Firebird—I wiped the stamp and sharpied a Trans Am-style screaming chicken on it. It's pretty rad. A beautiful pink metal flake Lucid Truth. And a G-Line FD in the high 160s. I was especially glad to find this one since G-Line is OOP and most of the ones out there seem to be max weight.

I was looking for a replacement for my Dynamic Disc Witness (lost and it is OOP). Started a thread asking for recommendations and the #1 was the Innova Sidewinder. Got one and was able to play with it - it is amazing for me. Then on Facebook, there is a page DILLIGAF Disc Golf and they posted they are giving away a Halo Sidewinder in May. It's a unique disc made for the USWDGC and Final9Sports sells them - mine arrives on Tuesday (4/28/2020) and I'm looking forward to comparing it to my regular Sidewinder.

I'm also going to be looking as some other discs that were suggested for my forehand, but I'm waiting for the local store to open so I can handle the discs before buying them (need to check that they are flat and not domey).

I haven't bought a new mold in over a year...

You, Sir, are an inspiration. I aspire to this, and yet every 3-6 months I find something that I just *must* try.

As well as replacing the gasmask Warden that got stolen off a course last year. Such a cool stamp. I'm planning on having three prime wardens for putting, and three fusions for off the tee. Well...actually, just more Wardens. They really are a game changer for me. I've tried so many putters, it's actually really nice to have one finally lock in for me, and of course, I always need more Harps...

I'm switching back to the Warden for putting this year. I switched to Jk Aviars last year and they were alright. I used a Yeti Aviar all winter and it was alright. Now that it got warm it's like I forgot how to putt. Back to the Wardens. I have no clue why I stopped using them in the first place. Anyway, I've never thrown prime. Is that like dx? I use classic blend currently. Might pick one up to compare with the blend.