• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] SS Avenger

Zeke I

:)Anyone thown a ss avenger? I got one today and Im dying to wing it got to wait till Saturday going to use it at beauty hill disc course in NH

Love this disc. Hyzer flip it ftw. To me this is like what a good beat in champ TeeBird is like, you hyzer flip it and it goes super straight for a long way and has a light fade at the end. I personally like how it feels in the FLX plastic, but I'm sure it's just as good in others.

Love this disc. Hyzer flip it ftw. To me this is like what a good beat in champ TeeBird is like, you hyzer flip it and it goes super straight for a long way and has a light fade at the end. I personally like how it feels in the FLX plastic, but I'm sure it's just as good in others.

Gospel ^^^^ just a little faster than the Teebird.

flies like a longer faster gazelle to me. a LOT less fade than a teebird...takes a lot less snap to get it to flip flat fly straight than a teebird. great disc.

Awesome for super long tunnel shots. And now I'm finding out at the right hyzer snap, this is my longest driver in low wind situations..

i have been throwing them for awhile now and i like 'em alot. have had pro d's, z's and a flx. the d's and z's get pretty flippy pretty quick and anymore i just use them for forehand and backhand rollers, mega turnovers, finesse shots, or really good if there is a big tailwind. the flx seems to be alot more stable and would just go straight with no turn and little fade.

The FLX SS is one of my goto drivers. Great for low ceiling straight lazer shots. Great for huge anny shots. I got 2 in my bag and 2 in the bin for back ups.

Takes a very long time for the FLX plastic to beat in at all. Been hammering trees with my primary one for 6 months and flight has gotten a little less stable but still nearly like new. Love it!

Big fan. I don't have a big arm but this is the disc I use to try to keep up.
Hyzer flip straight or flat for a forward right turn.
Very weight sensitive. Try 169ish if you have minimal oat but lack distance.

I have a decent, arm I think. For me the Avenger SS is my go-to disc for long right holes (rhbh). Mine will hyzer flip and turn right and ends with very little fade. Throwing a lime green FLX, 168g.

I throw it on a long dogleg hole and a long narrow hole every round on my home course.

Tree in the center in the distance is the dogleg. Pass in the clearing to the left, basket is to the right.
7a337ff8_m.jpg

Hole is far down to the right, not really visible from the tee.
4645e235_m.jpg

My wife uses it with great success. I've tried it and like it but it can be a little sensitive especially to nose angle. I've never seen any other disc fight its natural tendency to fade left (RHBH) like the Avenger SS. Glides forever and it can go a long, long way dead straight.

I have a 168 ESP version that flies very similar to a beat Beast. As mentioned above, a great hyzer flip disc. For me I use it for a stationary distance driver and in tail wind situations. It's a wider diameter disc so it carries alot of glide and has slower turns than a smaller diameter disc of a similar speed & (under)stability.

No matter how much hyzer i give it, it always flips right and starts rolling. Not realy a disc for strong arms. Unless you need a roller disc, which is why i have one in my bag :)

Love mine for long dog leg rights. I have it in Pro D plastic and it hyzer-flips really easily for distance as well. I think that it'll turn into a great roller as it continues to beat in.

I love the Avenger SS I usually carry a couple of these. I mainly use them for big turnover shots or rollers. They are a nice disc!!

CHEERS - Koffee

Love mine ..

How does is compare to your XL? I've got one of those (Z), and it's the only one of my drivers I can reliably flip. I've got a Cryztal Avenger SS that hasn't made it to my bag yet.
Drivers I'm currently trying out: Stalker, Cyclone, Assassin

Latest posts