• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Whats the least stable Trace? I have a Plasma and was told mine is moderately more stable than the average Trace.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Whats the least stable Trace? I have a Plasma and was told mine is moderately more stable than the average Trace.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Lightweight pop top Neutrons have been the least stable ime. Those < plasma < proton/heavy flat neutron

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

So I see in the latest MVP news that they are continuing the playing card series. By doing the Trace of Spades (Again:wall:) in cosmic neutron.

Where's the diamond and club? :(

Yeah, that's frustrating to see the Spade again. I bought a Trace of spades and Trace of hearts a couple years ago when I thought I wanted to collect discs, and would be pretty annoyed if I was still trying to complete that collection. The Trace was their first mold released, so they could have released a new card once every year and still would have been done with it by now.

I noticed Aim For The Chains started this post but hasn't been on the forums in 6 mo. Anyone know where he went?:confused:

Yeah, that's frustrating to see the Spade again. I bought a Trace of spades and Trace of hearts a couple years ago when I thought I wanted to collect discs, and would be pretty annoyed if I was still trying to complete that collection. The Trace was their first mold released, so they could have released a new card once every year and still would have been done with it by now.

Like me. I have throwers and collectors of each card. Until they stopped. (well I think they forgot, but maybe the sales were too low.) In any event it's nice to see them back.

I'm kind of with you there with the mid... more in relation to Comet goodness but I have a similar suspicion. Then again.. The pilot to ohm experiment is interesting, I've only thrown the premium eclipse pilot and neutron ohm but during daylight hours it's Ohm all the way. The pilot is just missing a touch of glide or has a bit too much stability. I see why its awesome but that ohm just pushes so straight!!!! It's not a big change though with night rounds I just throw a touch hardero with a touch of anhyzer.

The theory was decent but I wonder if the gyro rim has depth or wing limitations because of weight. There's only so much rim you can put on a core when it weighs that much more... and I think there is some durability issues to having too thin a nose with that black outer rim.

I'm real excited for the lid and midrange whether they are overmold or not. Kinda hoping it's an axiom disc so the rim can be pretty.

Last edited:
Agreed; hoping for a neutral and/or understable midrange. Streamline seems to be the logical line for this disc.
I feel like that new lid will be all I throw for a month. It's gonna be tough to beat the Polecat but I'll sure give it a whack!

Side note: my main bag is mostly Streamline.
Pilot, Drift, Lift, and Trace are all go-to molds for their respective classes. There are a few other putter and driver molds that see sporadic use but Streamline is the corners of the bag. Just gotta get that neutral Streamline mid-range mold

Last edited:
Wait, is MVP seriously rumored to be making a lid?

Just came in to say I love my cosmic neutron pilot! Glide and stable finish together in a straight putter.

Some sweet new Flares! I've been throwing the blank white and orange one and people keep incorrectly guessing it's a halo Firebird. Almost aced with it at Wills park last weekend!

Attachments

• A650F252-954F-4569-851A-46016D64B31C.jpg
    A650F252-954F-4569-851A-46016D64B31C.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 38
Agreed; hoping for a neutral and/or understable midrange. Streamline seems to be the logical line for this disc.
I feel like that new lid will be all I throw for a month. It's gonna be tough to beat the Polecat but I'll sure give it a whack!

Side note: my main bag is mostly Streamline.
Pilot, Drift, Lift, and Trace are all go-to molds for their respective classes. There are a few other putter and driver molds that see sporadic use but Streamline is the corners of the bag. Just gotta get that neutral Streamline mid-range mold

With the exception of the Lift, I'm throwing the same discs. I bag a Vulture as an OS compliment to the Drift and it also fills the speed gap between the Trace and Drift. It might be hard for Streamline to overthrow the Vulture. It's rim is not as wide as the PD, Thunderbird, etc. and I'm able to cover the same amount of distance as the others. The Vulture "hits" a lot of characteristics that I'm looking for in a control/fairway driver.

The Pilot and Drift are staying put. A while back I went through different putters and finally settled on the Pilot. The Drift is a predictable hyzerflip disc for me. I can dial in it fairly well.

If I were to ever take out a disc, it would be the Trace. I think there are other discs in the same category that are just as good if not better.

They had a proto in their video while back. Could be interesting.

Whoa. I'm encouraged that he's actually referring it to as a lid and that it's something fans have been wanting for years (Aim for the Chains' death threats are finally paying off) but the rim profile of that proto looked way more Aviar than Polecat.

Whoa. I'm encouraged that he's actually referring it to as a lid and that it's something fans have been wanting for years (Aim for the Chains' death threats are finally paying off) but the rim profile of that proto looked way more Aviar than Polecat.

Yeah I'm pretty amped on the lid and promised (summer 2019?!) New releases. They've really honed the process in 10yrs and the technology, especially in the lift department. (Physics of lift not the disc).

If the glow reactor and pilot are any indication of something awesome coming their touch mid will be a fiend!!! I like that he wants to tune it better before release. Hey if you releases a reactor in streamline could you call it a procreactor? Maybe a Rotcear?

Do you streamline guys get a full wear pattern faster? I'm assuming it's not glacial long like normal?

I haven't had my pilots long....

Latest posts