• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Do you streamline guys get a full wear pattern faster? I'm assuming it's not glacial long like normal?

I haven't had my pilots long....

I've only thrown the Runway, Trace, and Flare for any decent period of time. The Runway and Flare haven't beaten in all that much, maybe because they're so overstable to start with or b/c they're OS utility discs I just don't throw them enough to tell. The Trace does seem to have broken in quicker than your usual overmolded stuff but not as much as I thought it would. But I haven't thrown any of these in a workhorse capacity so I might not be the best judge.

I've thrown the Runway the most but for some reason I'm really good at not hitting trees with it. The Flare I mostly only throw for thumbers and spike hyzers (and FH rollers but it's honestly not great at that and I might try a Fireball) but considering that those are shots that usually beat a disc in fairly fast it's held up well.

I've only thrown the Runway, Trace, and Flare for any decent period of time. The Runway and Flare haven't beaten in all that much, maybe because they're so overstable to start with or b/c they're OS utility discs I just don't throw them enough to tell. The Trace does seem to have broken in quicker than your usual overmolded stuff but not as much as I thought it would. But I haven't thrown any of these in a workhorse capacity so I might not be the best judge.

I've thrown the Runway the most but for some reason I'm really good at not hitting trees with it. The Flare I mostly only throw for thumbers and spike hyzers (and FH rollers but it's honestly not great at that and I might try a Fireball) but considering that those are shots that usually beat a disc in fairly fast it's held up well.

Flare for me wears slower than the motion and fireball, but I think it's because it's blunter.

Flare for me wears slower than the motion and fireball, but I think it's because it's blunter.

Finally found my Unicorn Flare. Came in a Lab 2nds box.

L2 Neutron on left, misprint Proton/Plasma blend on right.
20201223_124401.jpg

20201223_124410.jpg

Finally found my Unicorn Flare. Came in a Lab 2nds box.

L2 Neutron on left, misprint Proton/Plasma blend on right.
20201223_124401.jpg

20201223_124410.jpg

I hope it works for you, but if I got a Flare that had a PLH that low I would not be happy.

All of mine have the exact profile as the one here; legit 2011 FAF Firebird on the left and a brand new CN Flare on the right.

Gotta have that high and right wing.

Attachments

• 4A056530-570F-4BD1-919B-DD590B45FB40.jpg
    4A056530-570F-4BD1-919B-DD590B45FB40.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 54
I hope it works for you, but if I got a Flare that had a PLH that low I would not be happy.

All of mine have the exact profile as the one here; legit 2011 FAF Firebird on the left and a brand new CN Flare on the right.

Gotta have that high and right wing.
I bought this off a guy online specifically to have a more throwable Flare to pair with my beefcakes, so it should be exactly what I'm looking for. Every other one I have is identical to the one you showed.

Any outlier Flare I've seen has been from a Lab Seconds box which makes me think MVP is being extremely stringent with QA on that mold in particular.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I've had a Cosmic Neutron Lift and Trace for a bit now... and these are some tough and great feeling plastics/discs. So good that I added the Runway and a Pilot in the same plastic. I already had a Pilot in Electron. Great disc. Can't wait to get one that will be more durable as I've been using it for a lot of in the woods shots... and well... tree v plastic.

I've had a Cosmic Neutron Lift and Trace for a bit now... and these are some tough and great feeling plastics/discs. So good that I added the Runway and a Pilot in the same plastic. I already had a Pilot in Electron. Great disc. Can't wait to get one that will be more durable as I've been using it for a lot of in the woods shots... and well... tree v plastic.
Fwiw the new Electron blend found in Cosmic Electron is wayyyyyyy more durable than the original Electron Pilots

Fwiw the new Electron blend found in Cosmic Electron is wayyyyyyy more durable than the original Electron Pilots

That is good to know. My current Pilot is the regular Electron.. feels like medium... and it is beating in fast. I did actually go ahead and order one a Pilot in Cosmic Neutron before getting your information.. but the price difference isn't much between them.... but knowing me I'll probably order a Cosmic Electron sooner than later now that I know! Thanks.

That is good to know. My current Pilot is the regular Electron.. feels like medium... and it is beating in fast. I did actually go ahead and order one a Pilot in Cosmic Neutron before getting your information.. but the price difference isn't much between them.... but knowing me I'll probably order a Cosmic Electron sooner than later now that I know! Thanks.
You'll enjoy them all. I bag an older Electron that is super flippy, a Firm Cosmic Electron that is dead straight, and a Cosmic Neutron that flies dead straight but always wants to fade ever so slightly once it slows down.

Got a Plasma Trace recently on recommendation to replace the harder to find OOP Z Surge SS, initially I had slotted the DD renegade in Lucid X glimmer as a Surge SS replacement but that mold is also now OOP... I'm really falling for the Trace and specifically in Plasma plastic at around 170g, so good. Worth a throw if you ever enjoyed or throw a more stable version of the Surge SS or Renegade, sorta like a slightly worn Wraith.

Decently grippy but very rigid. I prefer more malleable plastic for gripping, because I can press in hard with my thumb. Having said that though, over time it seems to get a little more pliable.

Just ordered a Drift in Cosmic Neutron. Really looking forward to trying one out... I used to have a Leopard 3 which I loved, but eventually lost and never directly replaced. Numbers match up. Will see how it flies compared to my old star Leopard 3.

Cosmic Neutron seems to be an overstable plastic in general. My cosmic neutron drift flies more like a -1/1 than a -2/1. I'm sure over time I can get it beat in to be a long-lasting -2/1 though.

Just ordered a Drift in Cosmic Neutron. Really looking forward to trying one out... I used to have a Leopard 3 which I loved, but eventually lost and never directly replaced. Numbers match up. Will see how it flies compared to my old star Leopard 3.

I replaced my leopard 3 with a cosmic neutron drift when i lost it, shape and feel is very similar. Started off a bit more stable, but it's beating in to the same territory after some use.

Was ripping the Trace today. So many plastic options and a great controlled distance driver.

I carry 3. A flat Swirly Neutron that is pretty beefy, a average dome Proton that is neutral stability , and then i have another average dome Neutron that's flippy and US.

I also use the Lift as a glidey straight long fairway driver. Beautiful flights and a great feeling disc.

The Drift wasnt for me...i prefer a pipeline or mantis in that spot.

I like streamline/mint/thoughtspace.... Getting MVP plastic in a single shot mold makes some awesome discs.

Latest posts