• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Streets just knows how well ions throw.

Hell insert anode/proxy and the nova looks like a dog toy (literally) and has nothing on the flight unless you have mcbeth technique.

Stardoggy might be the only person i know who throws an atlas. Lol

Nah. The Nova is good.

Can't defend the Atlas tho. I saw some throw the worst forehand in the history of disc golf with an atlas. I refused to help him find it in the thorn bushes forest it landed in.

TL:DR version seems to be: We started a new line of Discs that dumps the overmold?

Cool, I like their plastic, the style of their discs (and Axioms) and the flight characteristics. Although I only bag a Volt from MVP at this time.

I've bagged an Atlas a couple times. It just flew like a Buzzz. Nothing particularly special about it, but it wasn't terrible either. I never liked the Nova, but I could never throw the Aviar P&A mold very well because of that high shoulder. Just never felt comfortable in my hand. Obviously, that's just me though. Plenty of people seem to be able to drive with Novas (or Aviar P&A's), but once again it's just a neutral putter flight. There are other neutral putters that fly the same lines. I don't see why people get all worked up over the Nova and Atlas. They're discs and they fly fine. Either you like the way they feel/fly and bag them or you don't. It's not like they have the consistency problems of the Groove or the uselessness of a Wolf or something.

The funny thing is Trilogy doesnt give a **** about converting over any innovanazi. I cant tell you how many new and younger players ive seen locally in the past year throwing Trilogy and they dont even know what gyro is.

Now they will make better single mold discs for less loot and keep growing. They dont need a lame ass factory store either they like to see retailers succeed and i know for a FACT that Trilogy has made many people some $.

The baskets alone are such a win lol people are so salty here. I love winning. I found a winner early on with latitude and same with Westside. Funny i might actually know something about good discs and how to throw.

Even streets knows the Harp crushes any ion lol. And he likes Inertias but could easily throw an Wildcat.

FIFY

I must say this has me intrigued, and looking forward to see how they fly. That stamp work sure looks sweet, and the price is right. I wonder if this will also allow them to flesh out a more baseline friendly lineup, since there's no need to match the cores and overmolds to the same plastic type. Awesome job, MVP. :thmbup:

The funny thing is MVP doesnt give a **** about converting over any innovanazi. I cant tell you how many new and younger players ive seen locally in the past year throwing MVP/axiom and they dont even know what gyro is.

Now they will make better single mold discs for less loot and keep growing. They dont need a lame ass factory store either they like to see retailers succeed and i know for a FACT that mvp has made many people some $.

The baskets alone are such a win lol people are so salty here. I love winning. I found a winner early on with latitude and same with MVP. Funny i might actually know something about good discs and how to throw.

Even streets knows the ion crushes any nova lol. And he likes valks but could easily throw an inertia.

Clearly Latitude should be sending you checks.

How did they manage to survive when you started throwing MVP?

I, for one, like Trilogy just fine. Especially DD's discs. I still have a Trilogy only bag, and it gets regular use. It doesn't have to be an "either, or" deal. Throw what you like.

Streets just knows how well ions throw.

Hell insert anode/proxy and the nova looks like a dog toy (literally) and has nothing on the flight unless you have mcbeth technique.

Stardoggy might be the only person i know who throws an atlas. Lol

Thanks, I apparently have McBeth technique, good to know!

Without trying to judge the discs themselves, but to answer the question of whether or not Innova pays attention to MVP...

All you need to know is that the Atlas is a neutral flat topped mid with an OM, as is the Axis, which predates it. (They're both essentially Buzz clones in that sense.)

Again, leaving the judgments aside, there's no way you can tell me with a straight face that the Atlas was in no way a reaction to MVP and the Axis.

I may try these. Don't really care for the OM stuff, but plasma is some of the sexiest plastic out there. Also be interested to see if these discs have any dome; one reason I don't care for MVP is that all of their discs are crazy flat.

roggenb3;3142770Also be interested to see if these discs have any dome; one reason I don't care for MVP is that all of their discs are crazy flat.[/QUOTE said:
I usually don't care for flat distance drivers which is one of the reasons I've never really thrown MVP. I'd give these a shot if they have some dome.