• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Table Top Disc Golf

Looks awesome, how about some steel wool attached to some "trees" for bushes?

Why can I vision 18 of these set up on folding tables in a rec center somewhere for a tournament?

That's awesomely creative. Well done.

You could make the basket on a post with a small overhang that can wedge your "discs" in it. They could potentially bounce off too if you're too aggressive.

Or you could put a little fake basket on a 1/4" dowel, and play the old pole hole rules: if it touches the pole, it's "in." But that would be a much larger target than your current hole. Unless you made the discs smaller, of course, but they're already pretty small.

In reality, I don't know that you could improve upon what you've done.

How long does it take to tear down and set up another hole?

Other things I've imagined:
- "Battleship" numbering: letters across the top and numbers down the side. Then you can list every hole design with tee, object and hazard and play against your out of state friends like a low-tech video game
- 1/4" carriage bolt and using magnets for discs. If the disc is stuck to the post it's holed out.
- kicking "paper football" style would be a fun(ny) risk/reward shot
- using sheet metal on a board and magnet trees, the board would be just a little more customizable
- drilling a hole in the center on the other side, as a center hole could also be nice.
- if there are any model train/disc golfers I imagine there are many awesome landscapes that could be built
- modeling clay with pegs would be a great way to make boulders, houses, etc
- 9 of these boards with a single hole on each end could make a red/white level 18 holes
- one 4'x8' board would make a great 18 red/white or 9 gold level holes
- with dedicated boards you could paint the specific water hazards and tee boxes
- I didn't video any holes with an uphill or downhill shot but that was also part of the design, putting the risers both on one end
- some sort of slide/ramp for returning your disc after it's holes out, like a dice tower design

Takes maybe 1 minute to tear down and 2 minutes to set up

I imagined playing Jarva DGP this way, since I won't be heading to Europe any time soon

Putting is actually hard, not that you can see thanks to the magic of video editing. Then again putting shouldn't be too easy. Actually plays like you would want, where a good putt gives a birdie, but a bad putt or drive could mean a par or bogey.

Mostly I hope the things I build are easy enough to recreate and enjoy.

20130103-104956.jpg

Other things I've imagined:
- "Battleship" numbering: letters across the top and numbers down the side. Then you can list every hole design with tee, object and hazard and play against your out of state friends like a low-tech video game
- 1/4" carriage bolt and using magnets for discs. If the disc is stuck to the post it's holed out.
- kicking "paper football" style would be a fun(ny) risk/reward shot
- using sheet metal on a board and magnet trees, the board would be just a little more customizable
- drilling a hole in the center on the other side, as a center hole could also be nice.
- if there are any model train/disc golfers I imagine there are many awesome landscapes that could be built
- modeling clay with pegs would be a great way to make boulders, houses, etc
- 9 of these boards with a single hole on each end could make a red/white level 18 holes
- one 4'x8' board would make a great 18 red/white or 9 gold level holes
- with dedicated boards you could paint the specific water hazards and tee boxes
- I didn't video any holes with an uphill or downhill shot but that was also part of the design, putting the risers both on one end
- some sort of slide/ramp for returning your disc after it's holes out, like a dice tower design

Takes maybe 1 minute to tear down and 2 minutes to set up

I imagined playing Jarva DGP this way, since I won't be heading to Europe any time soon

Putting is actually hard, not that you can see thanks to the magic of video editing. Then again putting shouldn't be too easy. Actually plays like you would want, where a good putt gives a birdie, but a bad putt or drive could mean a par or bogey.

Mostly I hope the things I build are easy enough to recreate and enjoy.

You have some really good ideas, the ramp comment got me thinking. If you made a small basket with chains, you could position ramps around the course and near the basket to get the disc airborne to fly into the basket! It would be a lot tougher, but also a ton of fun trying to hole out! If you do it, make another video!

You have some really good ideas, the ramp comment got me thinking. If you made a small basket with chains, you could position ramps around the course and near the basket to get the disc airborne to fly into the basket! It would be a lot tougher, but also a ton of fun trying to hole out! If you do it, make another video!

The "hole" could also just be a ramp (a circular ramp), and then you could move it all around, too. Kinda like those cups for putting a golf ball:

s-l300.jpg

Kinda like that. If they had a little peg on the bottom you could put those around the course, too.

So much win! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love how elegant it is in it's simplicity, both in materials and design.
Thanks for sharing! Wish I thought of/saw this when my son was younger. Wonderful project to work on with your kids.

Last edited:
I love playing crokinole with my kids (of you don't know crokinole, Google it for sure). Similar mechanics but with infinite possibilities really. Love the idea. I am seriously thinking about making one. I like the OB setup to.

My personal opinion is no ramps, i think keeping it a table top style game is more for me.

Great idea.
Cheers

I love playing crokinole with my kids (of you don't know crokinole, Google it for sure). Similar mechanics but with infinite possibilities really. Love the idea. I am seriously thinking about making one. I like the OB setup to.

My personal opinion is no ramps, i think keeping it a table top style game is more for me.

Great idea.
Cheers

I have built a crokinole board. Also a big board gamer, have bookshelves of them. You've got me "pegged"

Made it with 3/4" plywood, forsner bit for the center hole, drew the lines and many coats of poly over it. used aluminum pegs with that rubber tubing on the pegs. Made rails to go around the board (which I could have done here) to keep discs going all over the floor.

Thought I had a pic but I can try to remember to send you deets as it was well worth it.

Love it!

You could have patches of smoother and slightly rougher finish, to simulate effects of wind etc. could mark some of the of the rougher ones with color. adds another element of unpredictability like you have outdoors, especially as hole layouts change

Love it!

You could have patches of smoother and slightly rougher finish, to simulate effects of wind etc. could mark some of the of the rougher ones with color. adds another element of unpredictability like you have outdoors, especially as hole layouts change

Like textured spray paint! I think rougher surface would make it slide faster, with smooth being the slowest. But maybe I'm wrong..

Careful...someone is stealing all these ideas and patenting the commercial version. ;) lol..

Do you think you could post a list of all the parts that you used? This is an extremely cool idea, thanks for posting!

Do you think you could post a list of all the parts that you used? This is an extremely cool idea, thanks for posting!

Posted the parts list and tools list on the YouTube Comments.

Also - I forgot to line the Hole 18 Nokia with lego guy spectators and a big scoreboard! :doh:

Also - I forgot to line the Hole 18 Nokia with lego guy spectators and a big scoreboard! :doh:

Haha, that would be sweet. I think it would be cool if you gave different discs different finishes so you could have a putter, mid, etc.

I wonder if you could cut the board up in pieces and reattach them with hinges on the bottom, to create "elevation change." It would at least make it so you could fold the board up for easy storage.

Latest posts