• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDGV

Hell yeah another chip cameo!

Also I heard mike doesn't show some tap ins cause he doinked em off the basket...

I'm nervous / excited.

Got x-rays taken of my right hand where I have the 5x broken finger. Doctor took a look at it and I'm going back in 3 hours for them to try to fix it.

Might have to take a little time off DG after, but if it means I can finally get a full powered grip with my right hand, and go 5 drives without feeling like a knife is being stabbed into my finger, it will be worth it.

If this works I know I'll play better.

They did a few grips tests and currently my left hand outgrips my right. Maybe I'll work on my lefty during my hiatus :) I had to use it at Renny Gold because my finger flared up and I couldn't finish my last round there, and I was hitting 300'+ on a bad throw. Its tempting to start taking lefty seriously, just so I have one more selection of shots in my bag. Could come in handy for awkward wooded lines.

Oh, and click the Winthrop link in my sig if you haven't already!

5x broken finger? Are we gonna start categorizing discs by how many times MikeC's finger had been broken at the time? Break it again and those 5x MikeC Teslas will be worth big bucks to the disc geeks.

What's the verdict, they get it all straightened out and have you on the mend?

Looks like some great courses down in NC. Good to see you throwing aces and crankin' out vids once again!

Their x-ray machine was having issues, so I had to go back in just to redo that, then I go in again tomorrow to get it reset hopefully.

The x-rays looked promising though. The bones appeared to be in good shape, hopefully they can get it worked out.

Finally took those G* Leos out today by the way. Threw them against a bunch of Inspires and some F7's.

That's how I started too, wouldn't of thought to fix it had I not posted a form critique to DGR. Definitely added at least 50' to my drive by changing that. Mentioned it to Chip but he was all about having fun and didn't care about form stuff, which I can respect that. To this day he's one of my favorite people to golf with because he always had a great attitude on the course.

^yeah, i didn't mean anything by it. I like the unique throwers, I dig em

I fully endorse learning to throw both with your left and right. If nothing else it makes practice more interesting. I am constantly playing my left against my right and I keep a running total on holes parked by each hand during rounds. I like to think that the competition that's formed between sides helps accelerate my overall improvement. On the downside- the conversations with myself that inevitably happen after an errant throw sound distinctively schizophrenic now.

id love to see a non-highlight reel. i feel like even 850 rated players can have a few nice shots here and there.

Latest posts