• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teebird, teebird plus, TL, whats the difference?

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
ok so i hear alot of good things about teebirds and i think its time to add one to the bag. problem is there are so many versions i dont know which to get. can someone drop some knowledge on me?

teebirds are great discs. there are people on this forum that will be able to help you more than i, but here i go anyway.

the teebird is a great, slightly overstable, low speed driver. a lot of people use them as there first overstable driver when they are starting out (i did too).

the teebird plus is similar to the teebird in flight, but i thought it was a little less stable (almost unnoticable) but it has a slanted inner rim that is supposed to help with a smooth release or some balogna.

the TL is a less stable teebird. they fly really straight and are a great starting out driver. easy to control and really reliable.

I'd like to know the same thing. I've seen guys throw them and wondered the difference. Sorry I can't help though.

its all about the birds!

the x and the l versions have a different bottom. get a champ teebird to start out with. before you know it, youll be doing most of your driving with it.;)

Teebirds and TLs are both great discs.

If you've never thrown either, pick up a Champ Teebird.

Don't mess around with the Teebird plus unless for some reason you actually like that godawful slanted rim.

i want to add to my previous post that my champ teebird will NEVER leave my bag. i don't care what comes along that's "better" it's safe forever.

i have gone through quite a few teebirds. everytime i sell or trade one away, it takes about a week before i decide it was a mistake and start hunting for more on these threads or discaroo lol. i recommend getting a few.

Like has been said, Teebird's are great first drivers. Champ plastic is where they shine. I've been known to play rounds solely with my champ TB and my Wizard. Two of my favorites...

if you throw forehand they are great for that as well. If you dont have a FH, teebird is a decent disc to learn with. stable enough to get you some good D without having great form, but wont cover all your sins the way a destroyer or wraith will.

honorable mention (in the same category and breath): EAGLE

Teebird, Eagle, TL these 3 can do similar things but excel at different things just the same.
i wont go through the Teebird or TL stuff (already posted above)...but

Eagle: a little bit more turnover and "S" movement, but a lot more wind resistant... Want the same control, distance and overall shot of a Teebird BUT it's windy... Try the eagle.
My home course is 1 mile from the ocean, so it has very steady slight winds from all directions that swirl or change depending on the elevation... i've recognized this and found that (at times) i need more "wind resistance" than what i can get out of the Teebird.... (I carry the 3 Amigos: Teebird, TL and Eagle)

ooh yea.. when the eagle gets broken in to a point of "slightly flippy" that sucker can hyzer flip and ride a tailwind longer than most other discs i've throw!

Latest posts