• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird vs Thunderbird

I bagged a Teebird - Thunderbird combo, but recently switched out my Thunderbirds for PDs. Thunderbirds and PDs are somewhat similar, but I can control my PDs better and I feel the PD is more reliable in the wind.

There is definitely a gap in between the Teebird and Thunderbird, so you won't find much overlap. Unless, like others have stated, you have a slower arm speed.

I bagged a Teebird - Thunderbird combo, but recently switched out my Thunderbirds for PDs. Thunderbirds and PDs are somewhat similar, but I can control my PDs better and I feel the PD is more reliable in the wind.

There is definitely a gap in between the Teebird and Thunderbird, so you won't find much overlap. Unless, like others have stated, you have a slower arm speed.

I also bag TeeBirds and PDs, with PDs over ThunderBirds, because PDs feel better and are easier to FH, plus I got rid of most of my ThunderBirds when I thought I had no slot in the bag for them. PDs are better in the wind and fly slightly further for me.

I don't have a big arm. A Star Teebird is always in my bag, and I'll throw a Champ Thunderbird in there occasionally. I recall someone calling a Thunderbird a seasoned Firebird, and I think it's a decent description. Mine have been more beefy than I originally anticipated. The only time I've "flipped" my 175g champ Thunderbirds was into a 30mph headwind.

I think you'll see a difference between TB and ThB even if you were only throwing around 300', though for bag efficiency it may be best to just work those TBs. Teebirds are just stinkin' awesome, in any plastic, partly because they're a speed that anyone can throw. Lately, it seems like I get over 50% of my birdies with my Star TB. So consistent.

Thanks everyone:clap:

I will give a Thunderbird a try and see how it compares to my Teebird. I will post in this thread how it suits my arm speed. I'm also going to compare it to my DDX and Destroyers and I agree with what most of you guys said about Destroyers. However I get a nice flight out of my Destroyer and it flies like the numbers suggest, but I've also tried different Destroyers that I would never ever bag because it's too much disc for me.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
the thunderbird is the tbird evolved ten years later. it to will fall to a demise, well the mold and overuse retooling etc.. thus loosing the original greatness.

but yeah, the old tbird the one you can't get anymore is exactly like the thunder.

Hey can someone comment on the wear cycle of the DX thundie? I used to cycle DX teebirds and a 7/10 DX teeb is a thing of beauty.

I would not mind trying to capture the same flight/wear pattern in a slightly faster/longer disc. Does the DX thundie lose fade first like the DX teeb? Do they start out stable and glidey?

Latest posts