• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tell me about my bag...

helly

Been lurking here since I started golfing last season, I'm now soundly into my second and have what I think is a reasonably solid bag. Tear it apart for me, tell me what's wrong, what's right, and what's plain dumb.

Drivers:
Discmania S-DD - 171g - I don't actually ever throw this really. I suppose it's there for max D?
Discmania S-CD - 174g - I can get this out to about 300-320 on an anny line. It's much like the disc below, except more stable. Wind anny's, S shots, etc.
Discmania D-CD - 172g - Beat to hell, flips up and over from a slight hyzer, great for when I ne4ed an easy driver anhyzer at about 300ft or a bit longer.
Discmania C-PD - 168g - Pretty fresh, and feels great. I use it for control drives in the wind, or when I need a real big hyzer.
Discmania S-PD Freak - 167g - Fresh, flies real nice in light-medium wind, finishes hard at 330-350ft or so, in gameplay. Easy to shape hyzer lines with.
Discmania S-PD Freak - 165g - Seasoned/getting there. My primary driver, doesn't finish as hard as the newer one, flies straight, will hold a slight anny if I snap it well.
Discmania P-PD Freak - 171g - Not sure why this is here to be honest. Pretty beat, never throw it in game. Kinda S curves if thrown slightly hyzer or flat.

Mids:
Innova KC Pro Roc - 178g - Newest, most stable. Flies real straight, holds a fast hyzer out to 280-300ft.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 176g - Lightly seasoned. Flies and finishes pretty straight except in big wind or when my torque comes out for no reason.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 180g - Same as above. It's a mental thing, Both are about the same, but I like to have a backup. I alternate which I throw so they beat up evenly.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 177g - A little more beat than the above. Flips to a light turn from flat, or to flat from hyzer. Pretty glidy. Plus, it's pink.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 179g - Most beat of the KCs. Turns hard, holds an anny line easily, or flips to flat from a pretty good hyzer start.
Innova DX Rancho Roc - 180g - Found this with no digits, 2010 ZBoaz Open stamp. Beat all to shit. Turns and glides so damn pretty and it's real flat. Like a buzzz.
(All the KCs are 12x, nothing special. Just love the feel of the plastic. I'm an addict. 3 are white, one of which has a purple stamp, one is black, one is pink.)

Putters:
Innova KC Pro Aviar - 176g - Seasoned, driving/upshot putter. Holds an anny pretty good, flies dead straight off a flat drive without much flippiness.
Innova KC Pro Aviar - 174g - Newer, driving/upshot putter. Both of these get used on anything shorter than 250' off the tee. This one's more stable, holds a hyzer line well.
Discraft Pro-D Banger GT - 175g - More stable, strictly upshots and weird outshots where I need a short, hard fade. This is in flux, I think.
Discmania P-line P1 Maniac - 176g - Sentimental value. I don't like soft putters, I don't think, but this is the first disc I ever bought. It's in the bag just because.
Innova DX Classic Roc - 171g - This is used for actual putting. Also use it when I need laser straight 250ft and shorter drives or upshots, or slight hyzers or anhyzers.
Innova DX Classic Roc - 176g - Same as the above. I putt with the heavier one primarily and upshoot and drive with the lighter one. I'm a weirdo.

I'm a Chicago area golfer, and play the Western burbs (Lombard area) primarily, with frequent trips to Mokena and Joliet.

Most of the courses here are pitch and putt and the drivers don't get a lot of use, but I normally throw drivers on holes where I need more than 300 feet of distance (in gameplay, I can reliably put my main PD out to about 350ft) or around 300ft on a hyzer or anhyzer line depending on the driver and the hole. Or in real heavy headwinds, which we definitely get sometimes.

The Rocs get thrown at any tee and upshot from 300ft down to about 240 depending on the line needed and the wind conditions, and I'm learning how to use them to shape as many different lines as possible, but it's tough going sometimes. I wish they made them in champ. I may look into the C-MD2 from Discmania as an alternative?

Putters are for drives under 240ft generally, usually with the KC Aviars, but sometimes the Classic Rocs on certain lines. The Banger never gets driven, just for real short upshots where I want a heavy-handed spike or hyzer. I don't know if this is right, but it seems to do the trick. The Classic Rocs are the ones I use for actual putting as well. I like that they're fast, and not very tall, and this is probably because my putting form is shit. I'm working on that, and this may change. The Maniac never gets thrown ever, it's just there because it's the first disc I bought when I started playing last year.

Anyway, tell me what's good, what isn't, and where I have holes that I haven't forseen or don't know about?

Looks like a pretty standard setup but a good one. Keep working with that CD and PD's I'd imagine the DDs would be a little too much disc for your power level. Good mold minimalism as well might want to mix an understable driver till the PDs or CD beat up.

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely trying to keep minimal, and the D-Line CD is absolutely beat enough to stay understable. At Highland park in Joliet there's a couple damn near 90 degree dogleg anny's I threw it on today and Friday with great success.

The DD is definitely past my power level and doesn't fly any further than the PDs do. The longest is my more beat S-PD, which I'm just going to continue beating up as my primary control driver. I'm currently going through some changes as I'm still working on arm speed and snap and drive without a run-up currently. I assume as I push the 400' barrier that my driver needs may change.

My biggest concern right now is with my midranges, and whether I'm running too much Roc and not enough variety as far as stability goes.

Try a Q-Sentinel if you need a champ roc. The older ones with san Marino tooling are beefier but even the standard ones fly great. Send me a pm if you need help locating one.

Toss a Comet in there. ESP is best but rare. The Z's and X's are pretty dann good though too. Roc and Comet go together like PB and J.

What would adding a Comet do as far as increasing my shot choice? I'm afraid to say I really don't know a thing about it or what it's good for except that it's a midrange by Discraft.

Well, I've had a rough golfing weekend. Lost 3 discs at two courses, Bartlett and Streamwood, including my most stable Roc, and one of the two main ones I throw, the real pretty black one that's laser straight. Luckily I have a white/purple KC Pro Roc that's exactly the same, but I loved the confidence of having two almost identical midranges. I also lost my nicely seasoned S-PD, the 167g one, which is sad, because I have just one more S-PD and it definitely is too fresh to finish as straight as the one I lost. Hopefully somebody finds it and calls.

I did get two new discs from a local plastic collector/golf buddy. He found an interesting Widye DX San Marino Roc that I picked up on the cheap because it was an interesting DX/Star blend, and it feels real stable when I toss it, moreso than the beat Rocs I have in my bag besides it, anyway.

Also in my neverending quest for the putter of my dreams, he put me on to Millenium Omegas, and sold me a 1.30 run black SuperSoft, which is absolutely dreamy to the touch, and I performed great with it today, so I think that'll be my main putting putter until I figure out a reason to not like it like I do with every putter. The Classic Rocs are staying in my bag just because they're so straight, and real easy to drive and take runs at the chains with from outside 50'.

As it stands:
Drivers:
Discmania S-DD - 171g - I don't actually ever throw this really. I suppose it's there for max D?
Discmania S-CD - 174g - I can get this out to about 300-320 on an anny line. It's much like the disc below, except more stable. Wind anny's, S shots, etc.
Discmania D-CD - 172g - Beat to hell, flips up and over from a slight hyzer, great for when I ne4ed an easy driver anhyzer at about 300ft or a bit longer.
Discmania C-PD - 168g - Pretty fresh, and feels great. I use it for control drives in the wind, or when I need a real big hyzer.
Discmania S-PD Freak - 167g - Fresh, flies real nice in light-medium wind, finishes hard at 330-350ft or so, in gameplay. Easy to shape hyzer lines with.
Discmania P-PD Freak - 171g - Not sure why this is here to be honest. Pretty beat, never throw it in game. Kinda S curves if thrown slightly hyzer or flat.

Mids:
Innova DX/Star Blend San Marino Roc - 178ish? - Haven't weighed it, but it's pretty nicely stable to overstable, and brand new.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 176g - Lightly seasoned. Flies and finishes pretty straight except in big wind or when my torque comes out for no reason.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 177g - A little more beat than the above. Flips to a light turn from flat, or to flat from hyzer. Pretty glidy. Plus, it's pink.
Innova KC Pro Roc - 179g - Most beat of the KCs. Turns hard, holds an anny line easily, or flips to flat from a pretty good hyzer start.
Innova DX Rancho Roc - 180g - Found this with no digits, 2010 ZBoaz Open stamp. Beat all to shit. Turns and glides so damn pretty and it's real flat. Like a buzzz.
(All the KCs are 12x, nothing special. Just love the feel of the plastic. I'm an addict. 3 are white, one of which has a purple stamp, one is black, one is pink.)

Putters:
Innova KC Pro Aviar - 176g - Seasoned, driving/upshot putter. Holds an anny pretty good, flies dead straight off a flat drive without much flippiness.
Innova KC Pro Aviar - 174g - Newer, driving/upshot putter. Both of these get used on anything shorter than 250' off the tee. This one's more stable, holds a hyzer line well.
Discraft Pro-D Banger GT - 175g - More stable, strictly upshots and weird outshots where I need a short, hard fade. This is in flux, I think.
Discmania P-line P1 Maniac - 176g - Sentimental value. I don't like soft putters, I don't think, but this is the first disc I ever bought. It's in the bag just because.
Innova DX Classic Roc - 171g - Use it when I need laser straight 250ft and shorter drives or upshots, or slight hyzers or anhyzers.
Innova DX Classic Roc - 176g - Same as the above. Slightly beefier due to the weight and PLH.
Millenium 1.30 Run SuperSoft Omega - Putting. This one's new to me, but it feels so damn good in the hand, and while I normally don't dig on soft putters, this one hits chains more than any of my others.

So, since I'm down a couple midranges and a driver, I could use some suggestions. I've been thinking of revamping my midrange game, considering while Rocs are versatile, they do take more effort than some other midranges I've thrown to get the same distances out of them, and my favorite (and the most popularly sold) plastic they come in beats up too quickly to keep an overstable/wind resistant one in my bag for very long. I want to see about maybe lowering the number of Rocs I'm carrying in favor of another midrange to cover the wind/overstable slot, and letting a couple Rocs cover my understable/turning/straight stable shots for the midrange game.

I've been desperate to try a C-MD2 from Discmania, just for the combination of durability, and being a slightly more stable Buzzz from what I've read. Is that a feasible option for me? Any other ideas? The stuff I'm willing to remove/don't throw ingame to make room for more useful shit would be at least one of the KC Rocs, the Banger, the P1 and the DD. Everything else seems to have its place for me, and sees use during my average round.

Sorry to double-post, but scrolling is a pain: What about the Lat64 Pain? Their Opto plastic looks absolutely delicious, and that seems like it may fill an overstable position in my bag nicely.

Yep, got 'em, loved 'em as soon as I got to throw the thangs. A 178 and a 177 both in Opto. Red and Magenta respectively. I also love the Omega SS 1.30s I'm putting with, definite improvement in my putting confidence.

I also got a real juicy pink S-PD at 170, it's flatter than my piggish pop top orange 167, and should beat in to be real straight. Threw my furthest drives ever with it tonight, and hit my first 400 footer in gameplay, on top of parking a couple 350 foot holes beautifully.

Super stoked on the new discs. Took the Banger and the P1 out of my bag to make space for the Pains.