• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Terrible putting so I changed my technique

Chucker60

Birdie Member
In my short time playing DG (purely recreational) I've never nailed down putting, even from short distances. It's always been a struggle for me to get a consistent release; I either release late and miss right or release early and miss left or release low and bang the side of the basket or release high and clank off the chastity belt. The dreaded 4 way miss......not ideal. So recently late one night, while laying in bed half asleep, I had an epiphany... 'Just putt underhand' or vertical (haven't figured out a good name yet). I went to the course to test it out today and, as I thought, I was making considerably more than typical for me. With more practice I'm pretty sure I can improve this new technique even more. Just the little test I did today I increased my make percentage by nearly 20%. That's pretty significant; if I can get that number up to 30-35% I could potentially become perfectly mediocre. Anyway, that's whats going on with me.

Keep it in line, but also watch where you hold your elbow. You might find if you can keep it lower than your disc you hit your line better. YMMV

Techniques do not make putts. Focus, a quiet mind, practice, confidence and execution make putts.
That may be true, but so far this new technique makes considerbly more putts than my previous technique. The proof is in the putting ☮️

Latest posts