• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thank you Masterbeato, little more help (MB, Roman)

frennis524

Par Member
I would consider myself lucky because it only took me 6 months to figure how to throw 320 then a month or two later I was at 340 and then recently 360-370 with my teebirds. I want to thank masterbeato and his film crew for the video it helped me conceptualize how to get the snap. Bringing the disc from my chest to the elbow then straight arm. I was consistently throwing my birds from 380 to 415. Thats good considering they were landing near where I intended. I had one monster 447 foot throw. Just wanted to thank everyone and ask one more question. I throw a fairly new(8.5-9) 169 dx teebird. It doesn't flutter or turn over at all and barely flattens (only from 5or so degrees hyzer) it still has good fade(30 feet sometimes a little more). Do I have nose up issues I imagined it would be straighter flight than I am getting. Hopefully I will get a video up soon.

DX teebirds have uber stability when they're new. Masterbeato told me that a new dx tbird is more stable than a new champ tbird, but the champs stay super stable through more beating then the dx ones do.

Your teebird ought to start flipping to flat and not fading as much when it's more like 5/10 or 6/10. Just hit some more trees with it and throw more spike hyzers. They're not a quick disc to break in.

Yeah, new DX Teebirds are crazy overstable. I would almost compare it to my Z Predator! I didn't like it at all. I don't know if I'd ever have the patience to beat in a new DX Teebird ;) I'd rather go to PIAS and buy the seasoned ones.

I was asking you roman because you are the only one on here that has actually seen me throw. Did you notice any nose up tendencies. I have been getting a better snap, it goes farther, but appears to stall out, maybe I am actually seeing the full flight IDK?

What makes you think it's stalling out? The drives I've seen you throw have been pretty good. I think the only issue I remember seeing is you didn't get that much reach back and you didn't use your lower body that much (could be why there wasn't much reach back), but other than that you didn't seem to have problems throwing nose up.

By the way, Spaz still has that tape with the drives we video taped that one day. I don't think I'll ever see it. I'm bringing my own camera next time.

The drives are long, but the at the end the hook up and i can almost see the top of the discs on some. It is more prominent fade than I am used to on my dx teebirds.

teebirds decellerate when they fade so they do pop a little nose up at the very end.

Latest posts