• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

that one annoying guy that keeps on winning

There's a bit of difference between dealing with background noise (both visual and auditory) that you can't do much about, and can generally learn to acclimate to, and people on your card making sudden noises/movement at precisely the wrong moment who know you're not acclimated to it and should know better than to do that.

I agree, you can talk all you want when we play but if you weren't talking when I started my run up and you say something in the middle of my throw then its def a distraction.

On a side note, i don't mind people wearing head phones to block everything else out, but i shouldn't have to ask you 3 times, each time getting louder what you got on the last hole. The first time i can live with it your in your own world, blocking it out, i get it. The second time i am handing you the scorecard for the rest of the round.

I played a tourney round with a guy who wore earbuds. He said he did it to block out all the annoying conversation. Funny thing is, that guy talked more than anybody else on our card. He made me wish I was the one with the headphones.

C. Players should take care not to produce any auditory or visual distractions while other players are throwing. Distracting actions include: shouting, cursing, freestyling, striking course equipment, throwing out of turn, throwing or kicking golf bags, throwing minis, and advancing on the fairway beyond the away player. Shouting at an appropriate time to warn someone in danger of being struck by a disc is not a courtesy violation.

Guilty :eek:

I hate slowing down the game and also I get antsy if I uncorked a long drive and I can't see where it landed from the tee. I hate driving long, waiting on the 3 other guys and then when I'm finally out not being able to locate my disc quickly b/c I forget exactly which bush or whatever it landed in.

^^^^^ I'm guilty on that too Bro Dave. We're all grandmasters and play (walk) slow enough as it is. It's ready golf all the time or we'd be a nuisance to those behind us.

Guilty :eek:

I hate slowing down the game and also I get antsy if I uncorked a long drive and I can't see where it landed from the tee. I hate driving long, waiting on the 3 other guys and then when I'm finally out not being able to locate my disc quickly b/c I forget exactly which bush or whatever it landed in.

Auto-correct changed "basket" to "bush" in you post.

^I wish. A typical hole with guys met at the park goes like this:

I throw a bomb (for me) that more or less goes where I want but magically finds the random patch of weeds or shrubs and then the next three guys throw 50-100' shorter on average; so where I'm used to going straight to my disc with a frame of reference burned in my mind, I have to wait patiently for these dudes to run through all their 2nd throws before I can hunt for my first.

I won't lie, if I'm at a course I'm not super familiar with and/or I just threw one of my sentimental favorites I will pace towards that lie like I'm late to catch a train. I do try and stay off the fairway/out of range from the other guys though.