• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

So is it normal for Z comets to have a textured strip on the underside directly under the discraft logo? Also, MJ, love your **** boss.

So is it normal for Z comets to have a textured strip on the underside directly under the discraft logo? Also, MJ, love your **** boss.

There was a run of them with it, but not sure if it is a permanent thing on them

oh please tell me that's a Fubar reference.

MJ, how do you grip the comet? That bead causes me all kinds of trouble. So far my Comet is writing a novel about what's wrong with my form. But it's apparently in a language other than English.

Do you have a "fantasy foursome"?

You and any three people from history. Don't have to be disc golfers.

Lets see, how bout a different one than i have done in the past.
me, Hannibal, Frederich the Great, and Stonewall Jackson. Would be fun to hear them talk about different tactics and thoughts

oh please tell me that's a Fubar reference.

MJ, how do you grip the comet? That bead causes me all kinds of trouble. So far my Comet is writing a novel about what's wrong with my form. But it's apparently in a language other than English.

I use a stacked/fan grip for everything. But keep it out in your fingers and dont grip the hell out of it. Nice and loose so you can use the small muscles in your hands and fingers

Do you have a "fantasy foursome"?

You and any three people from history. Don't have to be disc golfers.

I once got to play in a foursome that was pretty awesome. It was Vegan Ray Parish, John Biscoe, Chris Hysell, and myself.

I use a stacked/fan grip for everything. But keep it out in your fingers and dont grip the hell out of it. Nice and loose so you can use the small muscles in your hands and fingers

Any chance you could take a picture of this, MJ? I understand the fan grip part, but keeping it out in the fingers is a little puzzling to me. Do you not have the disc touching your palm at all? Just having trouble putting this into effect and seeing how you can still generate power.

P.S: I know a million people have said it, but thank you for keeping up with this thread. I haven't posted here until now, but I very much enjoy reading your responses.

I recently lost my go-to hyzer flip, arrow straight fairway driver, 166 Star Eagle X. What would be the equivalent Discraft disc or another Discraft disc I should consider for that shot? There is a huge hole in my bag without it...

I use xl's. But alot of people use avengers for that shot. It would prob be closer to an eagle x

Went to Infinity's End yesterday, near University, and they didn't have any XL's, Leopards or Eagles...not even a rack. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised...