• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Go to duffy's place. Alpine ski in charlotte. He has a damn good selection of most everything

I think this is MJ's grip (not sure if its changed).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO5zH_jQYjQ&t=1m34s

Ahhh... now I get it. Man, I can't wait to get outside and try this out. I've always thought I wasn't getting spin like I should and I think either MJ's or Robbie's should generate a lot more spin.

I introduced a couple of guys to disc golf over the last few weeks, both of whom had played Ultimate, and man, they both had so much more snap than me right out of the gate. It was kind of disheartening. And get a former baseball player to throw overhand? Forget about it. That's all they want to do.

I have used the same grip for years, its the same one i used from playing ultimate and anytime i throw a frisbee. It generates a lot of easy initial spin

Go to duffy's place. Alpine ski in charlotte. He has a damn good selection of most everything

So does that mean you still get discs off the rack?

If it's not too personal, how does your sponsorship work?
Does Discraft send you a box of discs/apparel and you pick the ones you like?
Do they pay your entry fees?

Like I said, you don't have to divulge all the details, but I'm sure others would be interested to know as well.

MJ
Lets say you have to go right on a 400ft drive assuming you have enough room to work any line you want, do you throw a hyzerflip to a turnover, turnover or anhyzer?

MJ
Lets say you have to go right on a 400ft drive assuming you have enough room to work any line you want, do you throw a hyzerflip to a turnover, turnover or anhyzer?
In before "I'd just throw a Comet."

So does that mean you still get discs off the rack?

If it's not too personal, how does your sponsorship work?
Does Discraft send you a box of discs/apparel and you pick the ones you like?
Do they pay your entry fees?

Like I said, you don't have to divulge all the details, but I'm sure others would be interested to know as well.

No, just saying that he has the best selection in charlotte

MJ

It all depends on what shape is needed. Usually flat and let it turnover

The disc doesnt get into the palm of my hand at all

I'm 5' 9 and I assume my hands are smaller than yours. Do you think the disc not touching your palm is from large hands, or is it something you see as part of a good fan grip?

Also how windy does it have to be before you turn to a disc that is more OS than the Comet?

I'm 5' 9 and I assume my hands are smaller than yours. Do you think the disc not touching your palm is from large hands, or is it something you see as part of a good fan grip?

Also how windy does it have to be before you turn to a disc that is more OS than the Comet?

I think it is something that is needed for a good fan grip and the ability to use the small muscles in the hand and fingers like is needed

It all depends on the shot for the amount of wind, but too much head wind and i do switch to buzzes and hornets