• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

This might have been asked previously inthis thred but I really dont feel like reading through all of the pages:

what is your opinion of the Meteor? Ever had a spot in your bag?

This might have been asked previously inthis thred but I really dont feel like reading through all of the pages:

what is your opinion of the Meteor? Ever had a spot in your bag?

Using the "Search This Thread" option searching for "Meteor" found this one post from MJ

the comets just fit my game a bit better. the meteor is a little faster but has less glide. its kind of a give and take between the two of them. i like the comets just cause its more like throwing a frisbee for me with all the glide i get out of them, i enjoy watching them fly

Did you manage to sell all of your fundraiser Comets? If there were some of us that wanted another would we be able to get one?

I wanted to wait until everyone had a chance to snag one before I asked about it. I wouldn't mind turning mine into a thrower but I would like to keep one mint.

Did you manage to sell all of your fundraiser Comets? If there were some of us that wanted another would we be able to get one?

I wanted to wait until everyone had a chance to snag one before I asked about it. I wouldn't mind turning mine into a thrower but I would like to keep one mint.

I have now sold them all. The only ones I have left are the one of each color that I saved for myself. I was very shocked to be able to sell them all in less than a month!

I have now sold them all. The only ones I have left are the one of each color that I saved for myself. I was very shocked to be able to sell them all in less than a month!
That should be evidence enough for Discraft to make this some sort of production stamp.

I'd also love to buy another because I don't want to ruin the amazing disc you signed for me. Probably the only disc that i'd frame and hang on the wall.

I am a beginner and as fair warning, this might be a stupid question.....

I have been using the comet as a friend gave me several discs to get started. I liked the comet enough to purchase several more to use for practice at a local soccer field. It seems to not take a massive throw to glide effortlessly and after playing a round with it as my only disc (I was with my 5 year old for fun), I realized I was throwing it as far as the drivers so I have been working on form, etc... instead of buying more discs.

On to the question -

Why would one need different plastics of the same discs? I understand that (using Comet as an example) as the Comet gets worn, it will start to want to turnover more and more. I understand why you would add a fresh one into the bag to get the original flight path. But why different plastics?

Rookie question - but I would assume you would be the authority :)

I am a beginner and as fair warning, this might be a stupid question.....

I have been using the comet as a friend gave me several discs to get started. I liked the comet enough to purchase several more to use for practice at a local soccer field. It seems to not take a massive throw to glide effortlessly and after playing a round with it as my only disc (I was with my 5 year old for fun), I realized I was throwing it as far as the drivers so I have been working on form, etc... instead of buying more discs.

On to the question -

Why would one need different plastics of the same discs? I understand that (using Comet as an example) as the Comet gets worn, it will start to want to turnover more and more. I understand why you would add a fresh one into the bag to get the original flight path. But why different plastics?

Rookie question - but I would assume you would be the authority :)
To answer your question, its because each disc has a little different characteristics in each of the plastics. In comet land it generally means that z is a little more stable and lasts longer than ESP and ESP is close to x plastic but lasts longer.

To answer your question, its because each disc has a little different characteristics in each of the plastics. In comet land it generally means that z is a little more stable and lasts longer than ESP and ESP is close to x plastic but lasts longer.

Thanks so much. It is very cool to be able to be a beginner and ask a question to such a great player!

So - would it be recommended to play with my x comet until it starts to turnover constantly and then add another to the bag as the "straight" comet? I have been using a shark as the straight with a fade at the end disc but am looking at the wasp.

Thanks again!

I broke the seal on my fundraiser today. It has a stability close to my other Z with a nice low profile close to ESP. No aces on it's first day out but it feels and flies great so far.

I broke the seal on my fundraiser today. It has a stability close to my other Z with a nice low profile close to ESP. No aces on it's first day out but it feels and flies great so far.

No aces?! Must be defective--send it to me for troubleshooting.

I wouldn't want it's bad juju bleeding into your game :p

In case he does another group of fundraisers this is what we got for our $25:

image_zps4449647d.jpg

If this is the Big Z blend I hope these go into regular production bc they really are nice Comets regardless of stamp.

I wouldn't want it's bad juju bleeding into your game :p

In case he does another group of fundraisers this is what we got for our $25:

image_zps4449647d.jpg

If this is the Big Z blend I hope these go into regular production bc they really are nice Comets regardless of stamp.

Oh my... where on Earth can I snag one of these? Too late isn't it?

Latest posts