• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Colt

There's no way I'm going back through this whole thread....
Is anyone putting with production XT Colts? I'm not interested in throwing it necessarily, but these feel ridiculously good in hand and I might have to try putting with them.
Currently using X-P1Xs.

Is anyone putting with production XT Colts? I'm not interested in throwing it necessarily, but these feel ridiculously good in hand and I might have to try putting with them.
Currently using X-P1Xs.

I am putting with the proto XT colts right now. Not overly impressed, too stable and flat = bad at long putts.

Currently using X-P1Xs.

I personally don't like XT plastic, but I have DX proto and production Colts. I use my Star Colts a lot more, but if I'm carrying a DX Colt, I'll use it for putting and it's adequate to the task for me.

I missed the boat initially on the proto colts and only have a star currently that I absolutely love for straight shots and annies. I also started adding a star stud in for shots needing a bit more stability but don't like the dome.

Then today one of my buddies who owes me a few discs from trades gave me a surprise...a dx proto colt. Wow - I can see why people were upset this changed. It flies just like my star stud but with a nice flat top that feels so much better in hand. Now if only I could find a stack of them somewhere.

I missed the boat initially on the proto colts and only have a star currently that I absolutely love for straight shots and annies. I also started adding a star stud in for shots needing a bit more stability but don't like the dome.

Then today one of my buddies who owes me a few discs from trades gave me a surprise...a dx proto colt. Wow - I can see why people were upset this changed. It flies just like my star stud but with a nice flat top that feels so much better in hand. Now if only I could find a stack of them somewhere.

Keep looking for flat(ter) Star Studs. I'm fine with my current Star Stud, but I'm hoping that if and when the next production run of Star Studs comes out, at least some will be flat(ter) like the DX Proto Colts.

I'm gonna out my source for these ( even though I bought a stack my self )...:doh:...for the love of the Proto Colt!

Infinite discs has a few DX Protos left, find the Colts on the site, click the "buy now" icon, then search for DX in the plastic category. They show every disc, so you will have to look for the little proto stamp on each disc. I just looked and counted seven protos, from 165 to 171.

Use the code' "BigCountryST" to get 5% off your orders there ( code works all the time ) AND thank AndyJB for sharing that with us. 5% might not be much but ANY discount is better than NO discount.

Thanks Andy :hfive:!

You can also thank me too ;)!

Currently using X-P1Xs.

Im not going back through it either, but wanted to say that throwing the Colt is pretty fun. hyzer flip and hyzer flip turnover lines.

I throw and putt XT Whales. I'm interested in what that X-P1X is like. Maybe you want to play a round sometime.

Im not going back through it either, but wanted to say that throwing the Colt is pretty fun. hyzer flip and hyzer flip turnover lines.

I throw and putt XT Whales. I'm interested in what that X-P1X is like. Maybe you want to play a round sometime.

I love the X- P1X for putting... neutral, glidey, and a little less deep feeling than an Aviar because of the concave top. I don't ever throw my putting putters and keep a Polecat, Pure (or Proxy), and a Zone in the bag for throwing.

I've tried putting a little with the Colt now and it reminds me a lot of an XD (duh) in that it's faster and seems to stable out a bit quicker than my P1Xs. I don't putt very hard, so that kind of thing is amplified when I'm putting. I might have to try throwing it though, see if I can work it in the bag that way.

And yeah, I'd be down for a round sometime. I would just like to rehab my shoulder a bit more so I can throw more than 100' and actually be able to finish more than a few holes before my arm is out of gas. :)

I'm gonna out my source for these ( even though I bought a stack my self )...:doh:...for the love of the Proto Colt!

Infinite discs has a few DX Protos left, find the Colts on the site, click the "buy now" icon, then search for DX in the plastic category. They show every disc, so you will have to look for the little proto stamp on each disc. I just looked and counted seven protos, from 165 to 171.

Use the code' "BigCountryST" to get 5% off your orders there ( code works all the time ) AND thank AndyJB for sharing that with us. 5% might not be much but ANY discount is better than NO discount.

Thanks Andy :hfive:!

You can also thank me too ;)!

I purchased a short stack of proto XT colts from them last week :thmbup:

I think I got the last max weight ones...

Has anyone thrown a G-Star Colt?
If so, thoughts? High speed stability, glide, and low speed fadeas compared to standard Star?

Has anyone thrown a G-Star Colt?
If so, thoughts? High speed stability, glide, and low speed fadeas compared to standard Star?

Unless some pre-production runs came out in the Proshop, I do not know of GStar Colts being available to the Public. Please correct this if there are GStar Colts out there...

Mr. Dunipace, in his AMA video, said he throws GStar Colts and Studs, but he's the company owner, of course, and can make what he wants.

Look what I found today, have liked the mini proto stamp xt colts, then I found this. Deciding how dangerous of a path I am going to travel down.

Gstar Colts

I don't know about pro shop but there are USDGC G-Star Colts

I bought 2 pre-release Gstar Cots from the Innova Factory Store at the end of last Summer. They are similar in shape to the current production Star Colts with maybe a little more dome. Very glidey and decent grip. Not a fan of GStar for other discs but I really like my Gstar Colt.

They fly very similar to thet XT Colt stability wise but they do feel very different in the hand. I'm bummed they changed the mold so they are more domey now. The flat XT Colts feel so nice in the hand.

How do you all compare the Colt to the Stud?

I have DX Colts and a DX Stud, and I have Star Colts and a Star Stud. I bag the Stars.

The Stud is more overstable than the Colt in DX. The DX Colt is a very straight-flying disc, and will get a bit understable as it wears in. The Stud was more overstable for me, and I haven't used it enough to really wear it in.

The Star Colt is straight flying, but will be flippy if I crank down on it too hard. The Star Stud is relatively overstable when thrown at approach power (which means not full power as I'm aiming for hitting or parking under the basket). However, when I throw the Star Stud full power, it can turnover too.

The Star Stud is a good disc, but in some ways I'm disappointed that the Star Stud is not more overstable than it is. It fights wind better than the Colt, but not so much better than it can be a go-to disc in heavier and/or gusty winds. It's also not the first choice as a flex disc, as it'll hold annys longer than I like.

Although I continue to bag both, I would not be surprised to hear some people say that they're not far enough apart to justify bagging both, and I would understand those sentiments.

Hope that helps. If you wanted something more specific, ask and I'll answer as best I can.

Got my first ace with production xt colt last night. How does the star colt compare to xt in flight and feel want to get a couple more colts because my xt is getting little beat. I know star generaly lil more os and holds that longer just trying to figure out how stars beat in and fly. None less I'm prob gonna buy star and another xt just like to know what to expect

Latest posts