• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Daredevil Thread

Daredevil Walrus is available via their store. I will probably pick one up soon to try out.

What putters and mids are beadless (or micro bead) in the Daredevil line up?

I think all their putters are the same mold in different plastics. My Woodchuck and Bighorn have a microbead.

IIRC the Grizzly and the Moose are the same mold and have a very small bead. The Caribou is very similar in shape to the Comet but with a microbead. I will try to grab some pictures tonight.

a2cb7101de1526c87f80ea11a60e184c.jpg

4603aa999743fa866f09b543279d7231.jpg

Caribou versus Comet. They fly fairly similarly but the Caribou is a little more form forgiving and more comfortable in the hand. The Caribou is in Daredevil's Grip plastic. The stiffness of the plastic is dependent on the weight. The lighter ones are a bit softer then Elite X and the heavier ones are about the same stiffness. The plastic is very grippy way gripper then Elite X.

Also tried out the Ogopogo. It is a Raptor/ Sabertooth/ Mammoth in their super floppy Elastic plastic.
ab00806d811ed0e3a6c9ccfee69c0b9c.jpg

The Elastic plastic is the most understable of Daredevil's plastics. It has a lot more turn then the Armorflex Raptor (I'd give it -1-1.5) and about the same fade as the Raptor (3 or 4). It has similar turn as a MOLF but has slightly more fade. The fade is sharper then the OLF. So it is shorter then a OLF about the same distance as a Raptor.
It sticks and hits no skips or rolls.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

So does he mostly putt with a Great Horn Owl or a Bighorn? I absolutely love the Bighorn. The Grip plastic is fantastic. Also the Caribou is an amazing disc still.

I really want a Moose. Love the animal, and the disc looks pretty sweet flight-wise as well. Infinite seems to be the only online disc store I know that sells them.

So does he mostly putt with a Great Horn Owl or a Bighorn? I absolutely love the Bighorn. The Grip plastic is fantastic. Also the Caribou is an amazing disc still.

I'm pretty sure he putts with the Wizard

Owl looks like a pretty decent throwing putter
I am fairly sure all the Daredevil putters are the same mold in different plastics. So the Owl is in the Champ style plastic, the Bighorn is in the heavier Grip plastics (fantastic plastic like a really nice Gateway Sure grip between SS and SSS in stiffness), the Polar Bear is a lighter grip which I think feels like some of the older nice Innova Pro plastic, Woodchuck is in the super flexible rubbery plastic and Beaver is in the Flex plastic which I also love.

Trying out the Moose right now. I have tried out the Grizzly and bag the Caribou. I feel like the Moose sits fairly well between the two. The Caribou to me is about on par stability wise as an X Comet (4, x, -2, 1 definitely not as undesirable as Daredevil's numbers say) and for what I remember the Grizzly flies fairly true to the numbers 4, x, 0, 2. The Moose I'd say 4, x, -1, 2. If you try a full rip into the wind, it does turn over and it does turn some during flight.

bump! about to order a few Daredevil models to really try out. I've thrown the Grizzly and Caribou and might just get those two plus two more. Any suggestions?

bump! about to order a few Daredevil models to really try out. I've thrown the Grizzly and Caribou and might just get those two plus two more. Any suggestions?

Have you tried out any of the overstable drivers? I'd recommend either the Mammoth or Sabertooth. Sabertooth if you want champion like plastic and Mammoth for softer flexible plastic. Or the Ogopogo if you just want something insanely weird.

I'd also say try out the Bighorn if you like stiff neutral flying putters. Or the Woodchuck if you are down with understable super floppy putters. Woodchuck is a good flyer but it is very floppy.

Have you tried out any of the overstable drivers? I'd recommend either the Mammoth or Sabertooth. Sabertooth if you want champion like plastic and Mammoth for softer flexible plastic. Or the Ogopogo if you just want something insanely weird.

I'd also say try out the Bighorn if you like stiff neutral flying putters. Or the Woodchuck if you are down with understable super floppy putters. Woodchuck is a good flyer but it is very floppy.

What is the Polar Bear putter like? I might also go:

Polar Bear
Caribou
Timberwolf
OS driver like Timberwolf

Basically make a nutsac style bag

I'm looking at moving to a Polar Bear or Big Horn this season... I've liked putting with them in the garage.

Also picked up a Swift Fox and Timberwolf. Threw my buddies Swift Fox before and liked it. Faster Leopard-ish.

Yeah the Polar Bear should be the soft Grip material and Big Horn is the stiff Grip.

Basically under 170g in Grip is going to be a softer material (I don't think it is quite as soft as Soft X but it is similar) and over is going to be a stiffer material. At least that is what I understand.

Also for os driver did you mean Sabertooth?