• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Daredevil Thread

I think so. Where does the Wolverine stand?

I haven't thrown a Wolverine but I understand it more overstable then the Timberwolf but by no means as overstable as the Sabertooth or Mammoth. Those two are more like Firebirds but I don't find them quite as overstable as a Firebird. They are more workable for me.

Swift Fox, Timberwolf and Wolverine are all the same mold. Basically in DX, Z FLXish, and Z/Champ respectively.

Wolverine is apparently the most OS but its like a plastic change difference not a new mold. All the OS drivers are the same mold as well, save the Albatross.

I'd just like to bump this thread to say how awesome Daredevil's OS driver line is. It is more workable then the Firebird but fights wind wonderfully. It beats into a very useable disc and the Grip plastic is a great cycling plastic (although I wish it was cheaper). The Ogopogo (being in the Elastic plastic) is one weird ass disc but it is a really neat utility disc. I really think this mold is one of the most awesome discs that is under the radar.

I was also throwing the Swift Fox today. It is a very good fairway/ control driver. If it wasn't for the Heat, I would probably bag it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Tried out the Walrus a bunch today. I am both excited and disappointed with it. I was expecting with the numbers for it to compare to either a fresh Roc or Sentinel/ Gila but it isn't anything like those discs so that was my disappointment. The Walrus is extremely straight flying. I found it was very much like a Z Comet. Very straight flying, a little bit of fade, great glide. I think it has slightly less glide but more hss. One hole had a bit of headwind. On that hole the Z Comet turned a decent amount while the Walrus stayed straight. The Walrus is in Daredevil's Elastic plastic which is their floppy rubber like plastic which makes for an interesting disc. I think I am going to bag this disc for a while and see how it holds up.

I got an Ogopogo with tournament money over the weekend.

What a weird/cool disc! I carry a Z Flick for OS utility stuff where I might want a skip. This might be a companion for times I want it to stick.... But, then again, it might end up just a novelty disc. We'll give it a fighting chance.

I kind of like the idea of the same mold in different plastic being labelled differently. This seems to acknowledge that the material has a distinct impact on flight patterns.

Tried out the Walrus a bunch today. I am both excited and disappointed with it. I was expecting with the numbers for it to compare to either a fresh Roc or Sentinel/ Gila but it isn't anything like those discs so that was my disappointment. The Walrus is extremely straight flying. I found it was very much like a Z Comet. Very straight flying, a little bit of fade, great glide. I think it has slightly less glide but more hss. One hole had a bit of headwind. On that hole the Z Comet turned a decent amount while the Walrus stayed straight. The Walrus is in Daredevil's Elastic plastic which is their floppy rubber like plastic which makes for an interesting disc. I think I am going to bag this disc for a while and see how it holds up.

Interesting, it looked like the Walrus would have been a similar flier to the Moose/Grizzly.

Interesting, it looked like the Walrus would have been a similar flier to the Moose/Grizzly.
It has been a while since I have thrown the Grizzly but the Moose turned more then Walrus.

Wanting to try Dare Devil out

I'm looking to try a few of the Daredevil discs out.

Like a 5 disc bag:

1 Putter
1 Mid
3 Fairway/Distance Drivers

What I currently throw:

Distance: Max 415'
X3 Star/Echo Destroyer
Star X Caliber
Star Shryke

Fairways- Max 350'
Star/Champ Firebird
MF Teebird3
Star Leopard 3

Mids- 325' Max
Champion Mako3
MF/X2 McPro/Champ/ DX Roc3s

Putters-250' Max
R Pro Dart
Star Aviar 3
putting-Mcpro Aviar

I would suggest the Horned Owl putter, Moose Midrange, and for drivers the Timberwolf, Sabertooth and Albatross.

If you like less stable discs do a swift fox, Mammoth and Yeti for drivers.

For a putter it depends on the plastic you like. The Horned Owl will be a champ style. The Polar Bear is a slightly softer base plastic. The Bighorn is a hard base plastic. The Woodchuck is a super floppy plastic and the Beaver is a Z Flx style plastic. They are all the same mold so stability differences come from the plastic. The Great Horned Owl is the most OS and the Woodchuck is the least.

Mids I would go with the Grizzly if you want a straight flyer or the Caribou if you want understable. The Moose IMO moves around more then the Grizzly and the Walrus is just to freaking weird for me.

Drivers, I would go with the Timberwolf (straight flyer), Swift Fox (understable) and Mammoth (OS a little bit less OS then a Firebird).

I got hooked up by a sponsored Daredevil player that gave 7 discs and a hat for $30.

DD Black Hat
2 Bighorns
1 Owl
1 Moose
1 Caribou
1 Wolverine
1 Albatross

That's a really good deal.

I'd have done that for just three of the discs!

Threw the sabertooth for the first time. Good stability, like a mellow firebird. Interesting plastic, with a matte finish. Good grip and cleans up nice off water and snow