• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

*The Definitive DG Bag Modding Thread*

1/2 PVC. I too am thinking o making one for the top now. I did cut a square piece of corrugated plastic to put in the top part and that seems to help.

Revolution Dual Pack cage build. I used 1/2" PVC which is plenty strong for this application was around 1.25 at Lowes
Base you will need
Four 1/2" 3 way elbows 1.16 at Lowes
Two pieces 1/2" PVC cut to 8.25"
Two pieces 1/2" PVC cut to 5.75"
cage1.jpg

Sides
Four 1/2" elbows .25 at Lowes
Four pieces 1/2" PVC cut to 8"
Two pieces 1/2" PVC cut to 6"
cage2.jpg

No glue needed as you want to be able to take it apart. You want all the fittings to be slip fittings not threaded. Works much better than the stock cage and makes the bag more stable. Slide the base in then put the sides in. No more fighting with the bag to get the stock cage in and out.

would you's reccomend the paint on plasti dip or the spray on plasti dip?

Sewing mod, double layered.. Some tough netting material. Now small bottles won't fall through. I can toss smaller items in there too. Not a big deal, as I usually use large bottles. But it's been holding up very well since Aug 09

belly028.jpg

belly027.jpg

belly026.jpg

Great idea Huk! I'll have to try that out.

(That netting still hasn't torn through)

i dont know if this has been posted because i just skimmed over this thread but the birdie beads....it seems to me if they are on your bag or in your pocket or practically anywhere the beads would move and mess up. where do you guys put them, and can you do a "DIY" thing to them please?

Heres a few mods I did to my sweet Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey bag. I just always tinker with and always try to improve on things.

2. I cut the inner frame side plates out a bit to make it easier to grab discs out that are near the front or back. Just a small half moon shape makes it a bit easier on your finger tips.

bag3.png

Just an FYI - there are little "pockets" where the top of the frame slides up into on the front and back of the Spider Monkey. If you check out Gorilla Boy's website, they have instructions on how to install the frame.

Ok need some help with a mod. I just picked up this stool just without the pockets ($10 at dicks but I recommend replacing the rivets with steel rivets). The stool has an adjustable shoulder carrying strap (constantly comes off the shoulder) and an elastic band to keep the stool folded when not in use.

p6528907p275w.jpg

I'm trying to figure out a way to attach it to my bag so it's balanced and not banging off my legs or back. I have the Innova Comp bag with quad shocks. Part of me wants to attach velcro on the back straps that are centered on the bag an have it suspend there from the velcro, but it just seems like it would be more of a hassle trying to use it unless I'm sitting for awhile.

Any recommendations for a quick use clip or hook that won't also be cumbersome?

I just got this bag today and was wondering if their was a way to help keep it clean. I know I prob should have gotten a different color but I couldnt help myself. I was wondering if scotchguard or that shoe repellant stuff would help against dirt even if it is just a little bit of help.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59706570@N05/5569468374/in/set-72157626233986739/

Wow good luck with that lol. Sweet looking bag but not sure if anything would help keep it clean. I use the water repellent spray on my bag but more for water than anything and did 3 coats. Not sure if the Revo bags come with it but plasti-dipping the bottom may help a bit.

Maybe you could get a local auto body shop to clear coat it for you lol. Good luck.