• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my first attempts at multi-color and shading (hand-cut):

Murderface from Dethklok:
2gtahyc.jpg

Nathan Explosion:
2edo56a.jpg

Iron Maiden Eddie:
11blpas.jpg

I guess here's a good a place as any to put my first post. I did this one yesterday and plan to do some of the other members of the show at a later date.

This was drawn and cut freehand on clear vinyl I got from my work (billboard company). The disc is a Discraft Stalker 172, "Z" Material.

DSC_7477.jpg

One of the Fathers Day discs I got, a backup 12x for my 11x ...

Attachments

• TBIRD 2.jpg
    TBIRD 2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 37
Here are my first two stencil dyes. The on the sun on the Avenger SS, there were a couple bleeds at the tips of the points. EXTREMELY basic compared to the amazing stuff you guys are doing, but ya gotta start somewhere. The other is a Star leopard with, you guessed it, leopard spots. I'm thinking about maybe filling in the middle of the spots with a tan or something.

0627102300.jpg

0627102300a.jpg

Here are my first two stencil dyes. The on the sun on the Avenger SS, there were a couple bleeds at the tips of the points. EXTREMELY basic compared to the amazing stuff you guys are doing, but ya gotta start somewhere. The other is a Star leopard with, you guessed it, leopard spots. I'm thinking about maybe filling in the middle of the spots with a tan or something.

Be careful trying to get "tan." The tan Rit(liquid) comes out purple when you dye with it. I'm currently testing for a reliable tan/ khaki color dye mix, but so far I'm striking out. Tried going short with browns, black, and others on my test plastic, but so far no luck. If anyone has an idea, let us in on it!

No dyes posted today yet? I have the solution for that.

Remember Sam Keith and when Image Comics was hot?
P1013702.jpg

My wife has the graphic novel collection...what a bizarre story. Awesome artwork in it, too.

I'll throw one in to start the day...

Attachments

• Valkyrie 3.jpg
    Valkyrie 3.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 32
Yeah, I left the top part of the stamp on a star mako, (removed the Innova logo) and dyed underneath it.

Attachments

• STAR MAKO.JPG
    STAR MAKO.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.