• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Stars

Wanted to see how it looked to leave stamp on. Used fusia and scarlet red.

Attachments

• IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 125
here it is:

2h3n5h1.jpg

that's just amazing...

Edit: According to Apoth it is hand cut...

that was at 9:00am at 9:05 he clarified with "i lied. you know i cant hand cut for crap. :p"

Timg don't you think Apothecary has been banned long enough, his contributions to this forum were invaluable to myself and you know he's a good part of the reason this thread has had over a quarter of a million views! That disc shoulda been posted here too.

Nah, we can't let people on here who might actually get into a serious discussion or argument because of differing views. Doesn't matter if they might be incredibly knowledgeable about disc golf and invaluable assets to the community, as well as entertaining. Apothecary and Frank Delicious should be unbanned, but they won't be, because of personal feelings of dislike.

Most of the rest of this forum is fairly boring now. I hardly ever look outside of equip, dyes, and market. there's just no ****ing point.

Edit: Splata: Nice job. I likes

Splata, did you stretch during that frickin' two day weeding job :D That's a great disc!

Koogs excellent job on hand cutting, I would have thought plotter for sure if you hadn't mentioned it!

Nice masterlurk
"Attention all units, this is Sgt SteDenko, we are changing from a code 3 direct pursuit to a code 347, completely lost due to incompetence!"

Last edited:
This is the dye I just finished. Hand cut, paint method. This is my second dye, I wanted a darker tone but actually am really pleased with how it turned out.

Kill Bill dye on Star Katana

Photoon2011-05-10at2247.jpg

nice job kcoates, that painting method can be tough to get vibrant colors from what I hear. Looks good though, keep it up.

KrisC: Nice and simple, and well executed, I like it. Great artwork for that disc.

Here's that GL River I did a week or so ago and forgot to post because I couldn't get a good picture of it. Still can't get one I'm happy with. I also might need to go back and do the purple scales with another color to change the tone, didn't realize the pearl grey in the waves turned such a similar purple until everything was pulled up.

GL%20River%20-%20Zombie%20Koi.jpg

My first three commissions, can't wait to get em to the owners. Champ Leopard, Champ Destroyer, and a Glo Nuke had a lot of issues with the stamp on the Glo Nuke

1YCLsmall.jpg2OCDsmall.jpg3GNsmall.jpg

this is something im interested in... i have a glo nuke im wanting to dye, but im scared the stamp will be problematic :( it looks painted on ish. was that how that'n was?

Depends if its the black stamp or prism stamp. Black Discraft stamps suck. But white wasn't, and I've yet to have problems with any of the foil stamps.

nice job kcoates, that painting method can be tough to get vibrant colors from what I hear. Looks good though, keep it up.

KrisC: Nice and simple, and well executed, I like it. Great artwork for that disc.

Here's that GL River I did a week or so ago and forgot to post because I couldn't get a good picture of it. Still can't get one I'm happy with. I also might need to go back and do the purple scales with another color to change the tone, didn't realize the pearl grey in the waves turned such a similar purple until everything was pulled up.

GL%20River%20-%20Zombie%20Koi.jpg

Nice...I still need to decide what to put on many of my thrower, includeing my two Rivers

Goldline vs Champion

The goldline has a nicer look to me.Seems to take the dye better. Baseball discs done now to do a basketball, football and hockey discs. Doing the Dallas area teams.

Attachments

• IMG_9304.jpg
    IMG_9304.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9319.jpg
    IMG_9319.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.