• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is something im interested in... i have a glo nuke im wanting to dye, but im scared the stamp will be problematic :( it looks painted on ish. was that how that'n was?

Sorry didn't read far enough down before responding, it was really deep stamped and seemed to just have a lot of "ink"( I don't know what to call it) I kept rubbing and kept rubbing and it kept pulling black up for about 5 kleenexs but then it just stopped coming up all together and it just seemed like it was really deep so I just tried to include the moon face into the dye. The stamp seemed like it was really deep but I did not have any problems with bleeds on the stamp so it turned out pretty good. The buyer was beside himself when he saw it, which was great!

103451_g.jpg

Just a simple hand cut dye but it's clean and no bleeds so I am happy, its on a Glow Gazelle.

Some great stuff going on here lately looks like i need to get a plotter!

Sorry didn't read far enough down before responding, it was really deep stamped and seemed to just have a lot of "ink"( I don't know what to call it) I kept rubbing and kept rubbing and it kept pulling black up for about 5 kleenexs but then it just stopped coming up all together and it just seemed like it was really deep so I just tried to include the moon face into the dye. The stamp seemed like it was really deep but I did not have any problems with bleeds on the stamp so it turned out pretty good. The buyer was beside himself when he saw it, which was great!

so that stamp was black?? the stamp i have is white :confused: idk ive just heard discraft stamps just doesnt come off well

The links did not work but they are the pink floyd album covers to Animals, The Wall, and Piper at the gates of Dawn.

the wall could be done fairly easily, piper at the gates and the animals covers would be a lot more difficult

Depends if its the black stamp or prism stamp. Black Discraft stamps suck. But white wasn't, and I've yet to have problems with any of the foil stamps.

I'll say it again...
White came off a blue buzzz perfectly fine. Nice and easy.

I've got a glow buzzz w/white and a glow stalker with white that I need to remove.. :/ hope they aren't that bad

Here are a few I dyed for a tournament coming up this weekend. I'll post them here now because I'm pretty sure no one that will be there looks at this site. The tournament is held at a farm on a temporary course. (He's trying to make it permanent.) The cows are left in the fields and are in play. There are lots of water hazards where you will lose your disc if it goes in. His theme this year is "No Chickens" thus the little bird is a chicken sitting on it's egg. And it is year 2 of the tournament. The artwork was drawn by a local and I cut them out and put them on discs. One for each division. Enjoy.

Star Leopard
t4tjkj.jpg

Star Spider
25z2byo.jpg

Star Vulcan
2copopg.jpg

Tried purple on yellow disc to see if it would look purple. Used scarlet red, kelly green and purple.

Attachments

• IMG_9321.jpg
    IMG_9321.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.