• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Flambe, en flambe! Super clean, dude.

LoPan, I was hoping someone would take a shot at a Sephiroth dye. That looks really nice.

Hay guys! I did another dye and fixed my first one to make the orange color darker. I had to let it sit in the orange mixed with one small drop of black for two hours. I made sure that I mixed the dye every 15 min because it was separating. I also re-heated the dye at the hour mark. The second pic is a champ eagle and my forth dye.

1stdye.jpg
[/IMG]

4thdye.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks guys! I'll see if I can get a decent backlit picture of Sephiroth, some of the shading if hard to see...
Oddly, the pearl gray turned purple at the end...and as a result, pearl grey + black equaled, more black o.0

Last edited:
Can you guess who this one is for? Note that I didn't cut the vinyl. I came to me precut from E_rock25.

IMG_5468-1.jpg

It looks good. You can tell it is chuck too I was a bit worried when I was weeding it. It didn't look like him that much. I am glad it worked out I hope rube likes it.

IMAG0065.jpg

Here we go.
The stencil cut out his center mass as all black...I should have used the grey=black effect to define his legs and the coat better...

Last edited:
IMAG0065.jpg

Here we go.
The stencil cut out his center mass as all black...I should have used the grey=black effect to define his legs and the coat better...

Idea/Question...What if you did a COLOR image, but put the shadow on the backside of the disc. Take this disc for example...you have the Character, but on the flip side is where the shadow goes...just wondering if anyone has tried that.

It's a good idea, but to get all the vinyl lined up and placed would be a nightmare. Do able, but not practical.

2012-01-16_19-14-47_18.jpg

kenny roc with a kenny roc stamp dye. SC marbled the outside and the stamp is purple and black. came out pretty sweeeeet i think and it still glows

Woah! What, you didn't have any 2001 CE Rocs to dye? :D

I commend your bravery/confidence, sir. Finished dye looks good, too.

its been in my bag for almost a year now and the stamp was coming off so i said f it!! lol i spent extra tims on the edges to make sure i wasnt gonna get bleeds thats for sure

My second dye. Had an issue with a bleed from a stamp "scratch" that was already on the disc when I got it. Nothing close to the trails you guys are blazing with your dyes, but I'm having fun learning the process.

lefthand.jpg

Another Dead dye going to northern Wisconsin. Would have liked to marble this whole thing, but the customer just wanted the rim, Oh well, I remember something about them being right all the time. All in all I still like how it turned out, and bet no one has done this Dead one yet!
San Marino Star Roc
IMG00309-20120117-1843.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts