• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discraft's stamps as a whole are usually deep. It sucks and the best solution I've found is using q-tips dipped in acetone. Gets it off the best. As far as dying them after that stinks because the grooves form some hard to cover valleys. They'll bleed if you don't cover them well enough. I've been able to press the vinyl well enough that it has only been an issue one an old ace race disc. Credit cards/driver licenses also work well.

1CAOR.jpg

My latest, a 171g Star Teebird, for a friend who is a record collector. I was hoping that bleed could pass for a power cord, but my friend knows gramophones are crank powered. Still, he likes it. Wants to put it on the wall. I may need to steal his bag and dye the whole thing to get him to throw dyes.

I definitely found that out...are all Elite X stamps this bad(this was my first)?

Had a blue foil on white Elite X Stratus that took a good hour of scrubbing to clean off. All that and the dye ended up fading bad within a week. It leveled off after that though.

Here's the original:
IMG00083.jpg

It's buried in the basement somewhere now, but the blue background ended up more of a powder blue, the red went pink, and the grey is almost white. Too bad the only ESP Stratus they ran is black :\

Did this one this morning. The colors came out good, but I goofed a little on the right end of the oval. I also used a "rice marbling" idea that I've been wanting to try. I think it gives a little different look than the saran wrap marbling. I will probably go back and add Super Bowl XLV Champs when I get motivated to tackle lettering.

Attachments

• DSCN9058.jpg
    DSCN9058.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 54
Did this one this morning. The colors came out good, but I goofed a little on the right end of the oval. I also used a "rice marbling" idea that I've been wanting to try. I think it gives a little different look than the saran wrap marbling. I will probably go back and add Super Bowl XLV Champs when I get motivated to tackle lettering.

:thmbup: surprised i haven't seen more done

rice marbling?

:thmbup: surprised i haven't seen more done

Yeah, me too. My daughter would love your av, she's got a huge crush on Clay Matthews. She wants me to do a disc for her with his name and number on it. :)

k9fE6h.jpg

Here's the one that's in my fiancee's bag. Opto River.

The one below that is the one I lost at Bluegill, and I posted it in the first dyes thread, so if you happen to see that disc around, lemme know.

I like the Hello Cthulhu...I've been thinking about doing either that or chibithulhu

rice marbling?

When I first started dyeing (all of about a month ago), I did the standard marbling first, but I wanted a more swirly look, so I used cooked spaghetti to block the dye from the disc. I liked the effect and I started to think of other things that might give different looks. I cooked the rice so it wouldn't soak up the dye too fast. Then I put the rice in my pan and added the dye and laid the disc in. It gives kind of a pebbly look. My practice disc actually came out better, but this one is ok too.

Attachments

• DSCN9021.jpg
    DSCN9021.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 110
Hey, I hate asking a newbie questions but..... what do you dye first on multi dyes? or does it not matter? and i'm still using contact paper and the transfer part of the stencil, with painters tape is a bit.ch. is vinyl different? and I find i get better results with cutting on the disc as cutting the stencil and applying to the disc....when dyeing multi ,how are the best results achieved? with clear contact after first outline is done? In how ever many layers are needed?
thanks.....

@nothingness: That's a sweet dye, nice job on all the colors.

@koogs: Love what you're doing with food, your spaghetti dye made think to try rice tand see how it came out, good looking on that one, now I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.