• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@thatswhatshesaid: I just switched from contact paper to the free 3m vinyl. It's freaking awesome, just like sturdier contact paper. For multiple colors, there's a few ways to go about it. Usually black first, because it will give you outlines and other colors won't interfere with it. If you're doing colors that won't mess with each other (like red, orange, yellow) you can just remove the pieces as you go. Red first, orange, then yellow. But for shades that will mess with another, you'll have to remask, which is a bitch without a light table. I've just used a flashlight under the disc to see what's going on. Laying a new piece on top of the existing contact paper works also, because you can see what's been cut out, and just use that as a guide and remove excess. But you'll have to play around and see what works for you. Be careful of multiple remasks, the adhesive on on contact paper/vinyl will steal color from the disc and lighten your colors.

106_3540.jpg

Hot out of the pot. CrYztal Buzzz. Hand cut. Still has vinyl poo on it.

I bought one just like this on a white Z Buzzz for my wife from someone here on DGCR. This one is for a friend. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I live in Cowboy country. I think I hit the shade of blue just right. Adrian is gonna flip when he sees it.

^^^^^ That is freaking awesome. Very nice. That red and pink are very vibrant. What colors did you use? Scarlet and fuchsia?

Some geometric stuff.

Pro Katana
351cthc.jpg

Champ Groove. (My first ace disc.) Yes with a groove.
2who1sk.jpg

Opto River
ei30nd.jpg

First run nuke
1zv9ao7.jpg

I'll post some more later.

Some geometric stuff.

Pro Katana
351cthc.jpg

Champ Groove. (My first ace disc.) Yes with a groove.
2who1sk.jpg

Opto River
ei30nd.jpg

First run nuke
1zv9ao7.jpg

I'll post some more later.

My computer sucks. It suddenly only lets me see about 1/3 of the pics posted here. Can't see any of these, and my computer hacking skills are non-existent, so I can't fix it... <sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts