• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For being DX, that dye came out surprisingly well! I fear it will fade quickly, but for now that's as good as I've ever seen on DX plastic.

Thanks! I realized the mistake after the first round of black. After 20 minutes, there was only a faint trace of green instead of black. I set the disc back in the vat of black for another hour and a half (heating on/off every 5-10 minutes). Once I had the outline recognizable, I figured I may as well finish it out despite the non-color-absorbing qualities of the plastic. Each color took roughly two hours to set in.

Couple I've been able to finish lately.

First, Stevie Ray Vaughan on a Star Sidewinder for theotherbill.
5466418645_402104f7e3.jpg

Wow, this is awesome!!! Probably the best dye job I've ever seen.

Couple I've been able to finish lately.

First, Stevie Ray Vaughan on a Star Sidewinder for theotherbill.
5466418645_402104f7e3.jpg

I've been looking through my pics of Stevie to see if there are any I could handle. When I finally do one, I hope it comes out half that good. :clap::thmbup::clap:

Thanks for all the compliments everyone :D

Stevie is actually four masks, but the second black came out a bit dark. Pic after that but before the first of the blue shades:
5469527435_d3d8a3bea7.jpg

^^took this and wiped the stamp..I think it looks much cooler

It might look a bit better because of natural light too, but I agree it does look better--looked good before too though. I like the idea, I may have to steal it. I can break out the kilt and play with a matching set.

Just 1 color dye on that for different shades? Red on yellow?

Dumb mistake- dyeing DX...:doh:

I knew better, but didn't realize my poor selection until too late.:wall:

picture.php

I really feel that if this were on Star or Champion plastic, the colors would be spot on. As it is, everything turned out somewhat greenish.

Is that a Wolf?

Love that one D_ogg! Hope you don't mind, I fisheyed the cubes you posted earlier.

GBOFlash.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Jim Phillips design. BD Roth and J.Phillips are two men cut very much from the same cloth. What Big Daddy was for the hot rod movement....Jim was for the surf/skate scene. Amazing artists who were important for WAY more reasons than just their designs.

http://www.jimphillips.com/skatepage.html

Good stuff. As a former skate rat those graphics bring back a lot of memories. Part of the reason I put Rip the Ripper on a disc.

A couple more early dyes. My last dye with contact paper and my first dye with vinyl. The first is a cryztal z buzzz and the second a star destroyer. The destroyer is my daughters high school mascot the lancers the third is a wraith I did because my son is in the Army.

i3ytsy.jpg

xmlx0g.jpg

2posgti.jpg

I can't wait to get that disc! it looks phenomenal, thanks so much peebz.

also, since apparently he's not one to brag. he couldn't get a good pic, so he drew up that stencil. the man is a beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts