• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that one D_ogg! Hope you don't mind, I fisheyed the cubes you posted earlier.

GBOFlash.jpg

looks very cool fisheyed :thmbup:

Here's the latest. I had a tough time, and cut directly to disc. All of the lines are straight, for the most part. The little checks are a little fat or thin in places. This was a nightmare to weed for me. Overall, I think it turned out ok...

Attachments

• iphone 315.jpg
    iphone 315.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Here's the latest. I had a tough time, and cut directly to disc. All of the lines are straight, for the most part. The little checks are a little fat or thin in places. This was a nightmare to weed for me. Overall, I think it turned out ok...

That is insane.

I will now smash my head against the nearest flat surface.

:zonk:

anyone know what happens if you use wax during dying? such as.... drawing with crayons on the disc.. melting wax onto the disc and then dyeing the area around it? just curious, trying to think of new dyeing ideas.

i would think if you when you heat the disc up to dye it the wax would come off but i have heard elmers glue works good. idk the details but i would so a random pattern or something, let it dry overnight and dye the next day. once again, dont quote me on that but its worth a shot

anyone know what happens if you use wax during dying? such as.... drawing with crayons on the disc.. melting wax onto the disc and then dyeing the area around it? just curious, trying to think of new dyeing ideas.

If the crayon would initially stick to the disc well enough, then I think it'd work great and would create an awesome texture. For dripping it on, I'd worry that the whole chunk would just fall off during the dip.

If the crayon would initially stick to the disc well enough, then I think it'd work great and would create an awesome texture. For dripping it on, I'd worry that the whole chunk would just fall off during the dip.

Yeah I agree about the dip.. I was thinking about doing a long room temperature dye so the wax would hopefully hold on there a little better.. (ie. the shaving cream marble... thats cold dye I believe?)

How does innova do their dyes? Spin Art? (seriously though how do they do them?)

If I need to move these questions to a different dye thread, let me know.

Yeah I agree about the dip.. I was thinking about doing a long room temperature dye so the wax would hopefully hold on there a little better.. (ie. the shaving cream marble... thats cold dye I believe?)

How does innova do their dyes? Spin Art? (seriously though how do they do them?)

If I need to move these questions to a different dye thread, let me know.

innova does their spin art like i do...but they spin it. they mix acetone with dye(like i do) and spin it, it dries in a few minutes and is simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.