• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaving cream marble? I must've missed this...what what now?
I think i might give the crayon a shot on a tester disc. I'll let you know how it works out...
Yeah I agree about the dip.. I was thinking about doing a long room temperature dye so the wax would hopefully hold on there a little better.. (ie. the shaving cream marble... thats cold dye I believe?)

How does innova do their dyes? Spin Art? (seriously though how do they do them?)

If I need to move these questions to a different dye thread, let me know.

Just finished doing 62 dyes over the last 12 days....damn that was fun. Here's the one I squeezed in for a friend. I'll post pictures of the other 61 once they are picked up and I okay it with the guy who wanted them done.

picture.php

Champ Firebird - 8bit metroid

This is my favorite dye that I've done to this point. Did some experimenting with color that worked out nicely. Going to be doing a few more that way in the next little bit looking for some new results. If it works the way I think it will I'll post info about what I'm doing later.

The disc is a beautiful Opto flow. Kinda looks like it has some silver gold line mixed in with it.
70i0w8.jpg

This is my favorite dye that I've done to this point. Did some experimenting with color that worked out nicely. Going to be doing a few more that way in the next little bit looking for some new results. If it works the way I think it will I'll post info about what I'm doing later.

The disc is a beautiful Opto flow. Kinda looks like it has some silver gold line mixed in with it.
70i0w8.jpg

Super clean. Vibrant color. Very, very nice.

D@amn, gotta dye something this weekend.

Excellent disc, Eky8!
Great design, looks fantastic on the Opto plastic, and the colors shine beautifully, great contrasts. A+ :clap:

IMG_20110224_174711-1.jpg

firebird(one of my favorites)

i know these arent as good as the guys with plotters and stuff but it will keep the thread going and im proud of them.

Eky8,

Amazing, simply Amazing. Looks so good. Can't wait to hear about your color input, as I am struggling to keep my airbrushing dyes vibrant.

Did this one today. The dark blue in the moon is WAY too dark. I guess I should have done that for 1 minute instead of 2. But, overall, I like it anyway.

Attachments

• CIMG8091.jpg
    CIMG8091.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 91
Well after testing my hand at some simple dyes over the last couple months, I decided to be a bit more ambitious. I really love the way it turned out, although the shadow/gray is darker than I'd prefer. It's a GL XXX.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.