• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye FAQ needs your help, see first post.

Thanks pointdisc. Only thing I can add is Quest AT/Gateway Evolution Pro-Line plastic. Dyes very well but the plastic itself breaks down over time (taking your dye with it). It's like it de-laminates or something. Weird.

I died a handful of discs pink today using Booter's Petal Pink + Fuchsia formula.

IMG_2840.JPG

From left-to-right, descriptions are the original colour

Top row:
Very light pink Opto xXx;
Another very light pink Opto xXx (one of them turned out a bit more raspberry and the other a bit more pink even though they both started the same colour;
Slightly off-white Pro Wraith;
Zero-line white Pure (didn't dye too dark but gives a really nice uniform light pink).

Middle row:
CFR Glow Gazelle;
Milky white QOLF;
DX Glow Roc (didn't take very well and is not very uniform);
White SPD.

Bottom row:
White ESP Cyclone;
White SOLF.

Of the ESP/Star plastics, the Cyclone turned out the best with a nice deep pink, but it is not significantly better than the others. The colour seemed to take to the Pro Wraith just as well (but not quite as uniformly) as the ESP/Star plastics, I think it was the original slightly off-white colour of the plastic that made it a little less of a nice pink. The QOLF and Gazelle started off about the same colour and ended up roughly the same as well. I double-checked and the glow plastic of the Gazelle still glows.

Any good tips on doing a full immersion? I was thinking points of contact between the disc and dying vessel might be an issue.

NoLifeLeft said:
Any good tips on doing a full immersion? I was thinking points of contact between the disc and dying vessel might be an issue.

Just keep your temperature down and you'll be fine. I've done a bunch like that and as long as you're not boiling it doesn't do anything to the disc.

NoLifeLeft said:

Marbles.

If that is all it takes then I'm good. I was going to do a long room temp soak with the disc resting on a few thumb tacks.

If you are gonna do a long cool, soak, just put it in a zip lock bag and toss it in the sink overnight.

Just one question: Do you re-use your pan? Yes, but when you clean it and then re-use it and you change colors does the previous color mix in with the new color?