• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Elite 1000 CLub

Hell...really wish I hadn't started counting, this with me only 9 months into the sport and not counting the $400 in hospital bills following a wipe-out on a muddy tee.

Dag said:
Hell...really wish I hadn't started counting, this with me only 9 months into the sport and not counting the $400 in hospital bills following a wipe-out on a muddy tee.

Yes, but you are one of the super ELITE on your letter jacket underneath the 1000 patch... you get this beauty... a rarity indeed...
slipperywhenwet.jpg

If we count shipping discs to people a DG expense, that probably pushes me close.

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter
4.Jeronimo
5.Beatz
6.Trey133
7.pdorries
8. Toomes
9. Billym
10. Frankie D

Can't say I've spent more than $200 in the last year on golf stuff, but shit...I've got well over 200 discs, 2 $50 bags, a $30 bag, I had a $20 stool, I've gone through 3 pairs of $110 shoes, just got a pair of $120 shoes, I have a $200 jacket for winter that I bought specifically because of how I could golf in it compared to other jackets I found...

I'm well above $1000, but I've been pretty conservative with my spending in the last year on golf-specific things.

dgdave said:
I actually think I'm south of 1000. Especially if you subtract the amout that I sold.

I did a lot more thrading than buying this year. So fat this year, I'm 99% sure I'm at 100-150.

I'd have thought you had over $1000 in postage from trades.

Insert me. I spent that much this past year for sure.(well, way over.)

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter
4.Jeronimo
5.Beatz
6.Trey133
7.pdorries
8. Toomes
9. Billym
10. Frankie D
11. Riverboy

12. not me bitches

even with the Sim i highly doubt i dropped a g on DG last year, maybe 7 or 8 hundo though :?

If you count entry fee and tournament expenses I'm in the 3k club at least. Plastic/bags/etc. only then I'm ay down the list. Paying retail for plastic sucks. Buy from your local sponsored pros or cash in tournies. That's how i get away with not spending a shit-ton on plastic.

I really have no idea what I spent last year. I definitely went through enough discs to spend way over 1000, but I used to trade discs back in for $5-6 worth of credit toward new ones. So discs were like currency for me. I also have won an ADV tourney each of the last few years and placed highly in many more, complicating things further. So I really have no way of knowing...I have been donating in the Open division though, so that probably pushes me over for sure considering travel expenses.

This year I've only spent real $$ on PDs before we had them in stock (and now DGR ones). I won't get near that figure this year thanks to my sponsors...the flow will be redirected into my new baby girl.

Is this really an elite club? All it takes to be a member is a disposable income of at least a thousand dollars and spending it on disc golf. I thought it was going to be about shooting a thousand rated round or being a thousand rated. Both those would be elite clubs.

jsun3thousand said:
Is this really an elite club? All it takes to be a member is a disposable income of at least a thousand dollars and spending it on disc golf. I thought it was going to be about shooting a thousand rated round or being a thousand rated. Both those would be elite clubs.

You're not allowed in our club.. and we are elite.

You just wait and see.

I'm gonna buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ADJUSTABLE-HI-LO-18-TARGET-DISC-GOLF-SET-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ310109682781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4833fa3c5d

and this http://cgi.ebay.com/M-14-Portable-Disc-Golf-Basket-Heavy-Duty-Durable-Steel_W0QQitemZ190358745403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c5243f13b

and one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Frisbee-Disc-Golf-Equipment-Cart-Transport-Storage_W0QQitemZ300400942684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f14a9e5c

and start my own club.

jsun3thousand said:
You just wait and see.

I'm gonna buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ADJUSTABLE-HI-LO-18-TARGET-DISC-GOLF-SET-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ310109682781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4833fa3c5d

and this http://cgi.ebay.com/M-14-Portable-Disc-Golf-Basket-Heavy-Duty-Durable-Steel_W0QQitemZ190358745403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c5243f13b

and one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Frisbee-Disc-Golf-Equipment-Cart-Transport-Storage_W0QQitemZ300400942684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f14a9e5c

and start my own club.

The first link...wow i dont think anyone here would be your friend..
The second link.. i have that basket and paid $98$12 shipping
the third link... please don't..

jsun3thousand said:

You have to consider that few of us are wealthy, so you've got to admire the sheer compulsiveness and reckless disregard!

Robin Hood said:
If you count entry fee and tournament expenses I'm in the 3k club at least. Plastic/bags/etc. only then I'm ay down the list. Paying retail for plastic sucks. Buy from your local sponsored pros or cash in tournies. That's how i get away with not spending a shit-ton on plastic.

Who're you kidding, son? All the local pros think you're a douchebag and you haven't cashed in a tournament since I started playing in them!

SkaBob said:
Robin Hood said:

Who're you kidding, son? All the local pros think you're a douchebag and you haven't cashed in a tournament since I started playing in them!

Right Bob. I have cashed in every event I played this year. Playing up a division too. Which is more than I can say for your sorry brittle ass. Always hurt somehow. Is that some form of Munchowzen(sp?) syndrome? You don't exist.

By all the local pros you mean Mike Henry? Please son, get your head on straight.