• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

@ the guys that tried to steal my Roc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawlz, do you know if they use DGCR? Or just making a baww thread for homie blackup?

PS, these threads are as useless as tits on boar.

For the record - a situation like this could go very very bad (for either you or him). I would never ever stick my hand in someone's bag and take something in a state that has conceal and carry laws. Having the disc you lost in his bag is nowhere near the definition of 'theft' in any state.

"Failure to return lost property is theft in the eyes of the law." = Bad ethics, but not theft per the law.

yeah i lost the disc. with my name and number on it ..... he has something that does not belong to him.

Last edited:
Last summer some DB's grabed one of my disc's from a roadside green. They were sitting in there car and as soon as my drive landed 15' from the pin one of the punks jumped out ran up and grabed it. I ran as fast as I could and got the plate # but felt like it would be dumb to call the cops for a $15 disc.

The next day I went back to the same course to play on my lunch brake and noticed the same car in the parkinglot. I pulled in right behinde them and blocked them in. Got out and started demanding they give me back my disc. I scared the S*** out of them, I was yelling and screaming and making a big scene. There were a lot of other golfers in the parking lot and I wanted people to know what happened and who did it.

I got my disc back and let them go after a few mild threats of violance and calling the cops. I never saw them at that course again. I still can't beleive they had the balls to come back the next day to the same course to try the same thing again.

at the local 9 hole course, i was throwing some safari holes to break up the monotony and to kill time waiting for my friends. i threw off a hill and parked it next to the number 3 hole, which is right next to the park road. some d-bags drove by and picked my disc up and took off. i chased after them but alas i was 300 some ft away.
my friends finally made it down there and i was just fuming. i couldnt even calm down enough to play. so they went on to play while i waited in the parking lot. i just had this feeling that i would see the d-bags again. i was thinking they didnt see me chasing them to begin with and thought they had just come across a lost disc.
so i sit there for about 20-30 minutes and who do i see pull up. i run up to their car and just start screaming at them. telling them to get out of the car and show me their bags. i told them i would hurt them if they didnt give me my property. they looked quite scared (im 6'4'' and 215 lbs) so they told me some bs about just coming down there to play basketball.
they parked and walked around the corner to the basketball/tennis court area. the gate was locked so they left pretty quickly. i went over to the basketball court area and found my disc laying right by the entrance. havent seen them since.

For the record - a situation like this could go very very bad (for either you or him). I would never ever stick my hand in someone's bag and take something in a state that has conceal and carry laws. Having the disc you lost in his bag is nowhere near the definition of 'theft' in any state.

"Failure to return lost property is theft in the eyes of the law." = Bad ethics, but not theft per the law.

Your posts make me laugh every time. I think you need to lighten up. :)

Pretty sure you are only allowed to exercise your right to to fire that carried item if your life or someone elses is in danger. Theft of a circular piece of plastic does not fall into this category.

Very subjective as to what actually constitutes as to him feeling threatened to the point of him believing his life was in danger. So it mostly depends on how good of a lawyer he has and how convincing he can make his story. So you're both wrong. As long as he felt his life or someone's life was in danger, he could have justified it by law.

Having the disc you lost in his bag is nowhere near the definition of 'theft' in any state.

Nearly every state has the same or a similar law on the books, so it's not near the definition of theft, it is the definition of theft:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.039.024.000..HTM

Whether it would get prosecuted is irrelevant, the point of it is that it's not legal to keep found property without making a reasonable effort to return it to its owner.

Discussing/promoting illegal activities is illegal on DGCR (e.g. Illegal things are Illegal). Going forward, I'm locking down EVERY thread that continues to justify keeping inked discs as "finder's reward".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts