• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

As mvp's production has gone up, their consistency has dropped some. Their higher speed discs also seem to be more inconsistent than the lower speed classes but I think that is true for most discs.

This has been my experience also. Mids and putters pretty much fly as advertised and don't vary much over plastic types.

Table Tennis man.

They would dominate when disc golf becomes an Olympic Sport in 2048.

Their big undiscovered sport is Wushu Kung Fu. Although calling it undiscovered is saying cuase Westerners don't know about it it's undiscovered. It is probably a top two or three sport in China.

It is essentially performance art, where the moves are fighting based, combined with gymnastics. Any Kung Fu movie you've ever seen has its base in this art form.

I would love to see Wushu come to the Olympics, it's way better than rhythmic gymnastics.

I'm waiting for the Paul would win more if he only threw MVP forehand discussion to restart.

Let's see if I can make everyone annoyed. Inconsistencies across batches and between plastics and even dyes means pretty much that any given manufacture can put out almost any kind of disc, if they have a fairly wide range of products. The discs Paul uses are lovingly selected and don't fly a whole lot like disks of a similar name. This is why The pros trade and gift discs. One finds a woohoo discs and shares the love.

The notion that InnoCraft Is better than Latbram is silly. You'd never get to the bottom of such an arguement. I will note an exception. It may be possible that either MVP or Vibram is more consistent, due to their unique products, overmold and rubbers. I say this cause I've not used enough of either to judge.

You just reminded me of my experience at 2014 Worlds when one guy that I was playing with swore that the only reason that McBeth and the other top pros are good is because they have a whole lot of discs to chose from to get a "perfect" disc in terms of dominess/weight etc, so I asked him if PM and him switched bags for a round, would he be able to beat him. He was sure that he would be able to.:doh:

You just reminded me of my experience at 2014 Worlds when one guy that I was playing with swore that the only reason that McBeth and the other top pros are good is because they have a whole lot of discs to chose from to get a "perfect" disc in terms of dominess/weight etc, so I asked him if PM and him switched bags for a round, would he be able to beat him. He was sure that he would be able to.:doh:

WOW.

Now we know who stole Paul's bag. Nice story, thanks!

Inevitable company consolidation....Westside sold to DD and Lat64.

I know, old news 30 minutes ago. I had to.

Austin Turner to Innova I could see. He tours with Jerm and after this past season, he deserves to be paid! Fingers crossed

With Discraft bumping him to the Elite Team midseason and giving him a Tour Series Force over some other veteran members, I figure the contract extends to cover 2018-19. I hope he sticks with them beyond that, though. They need some young guns.

I don't have Facebook , can someone link me?

Ultiworld already has the story.

Short story is Janne Penttila, Westside's founder, wanted to get out of the disc golf business. Rather than let the brand die or be purchased by someone that might "break up" the Trilogy, Dynamic and Latitude64 bought the brand from Penttila. Westside's two full time employees will now work for Latitude64.

Nothing should really change. It was Latitude's mold makers that created the discs (with Penttila's input, of course). In fact, this might mean more Westside products on the market, at least stateside. All the stuff that was Europe-only (pretty much everything is available in BT over there) should soon be available here.

Serious question;

What does it actually mean to be a mid level sponsored pro? How much do you get, what are the perks and how much different are they between companies?

I know that someone like McBeth or Wysocki changing sponsors is a big deal (or seems to be), but what about all the pros that never seem to be in the top 10 of any major events? Just seems to be a big flight to Trilogy in the last few years, is that financially sustainable? Or does being a mid level pro not get you much? Is it more about representation and image?

Just curious.

Touring "mid level" players 990+ from Lat are getting (monthly) salaries, usually on top of a cash signing bonus and all of the other "normal" perks/playing bonuses.

This is likely the reason why you saw a number of 1000-1015 rated players go to Latitude over the last few years.

Touring "mid level" players 990+ from Lat are getting (monthly) salaries, usually on top of a cash signing bonus and all of the other "normal" perks/playing bonuses.

This is likely the reason why you saw a number of 1000-1015 rated players go to Latitude over the last few years.

Thanks for the info.

What are mid-level salaries? I wouldn't imagine it's a living wage, but with so much movement towards Trilogy in the last few years, is that part of the reason their disc prices have risen in the last two years?

Again, just curious.

Latest posts