• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Because Simon ain't Brodie Smith? Because Simon is still under contract? Because these rumors leads to questions about why Simon might be looking to move, bringing to mind the incident with his old buddy-boss who couldn't keep it zipped up, and if Simon intends to remain under contract, and has any sense of loyalty left towards DM or Jussi, I'd think he'd agree that keeping the rumors alive isn't doing them any favors?

I dunno, I think he'd be smart in doing this whether he was leaving or not. If he IS leaving, he can't just say so on his own...there's going to be some big announcement most likely. If he ISN'T leaving, then you have to use these rumors to your advantage if you're DM...in a week you let Simon post a video on his page about "big announcement" and then the big announcement is a new signature disc/bag/something he's coming out with.

It would also be interesting to see behind the scenes at DM...maybe the rumors have Simon's discs flying off the shelves right now as people want to grab some before he potentially moves and they stop being made. I know your post is framed more as "Simon should do this if he cares about DM"...but from a business standpoint it's very easy to see a scenario where DM WANTS him to not say anything because it's better for their current and/or future business. The key would be figuring out when the right time to finally squash the rumors would be...just like if he is leaving the key is figuring out when to say so.

ETA: Heck, I can't imagine even KNOWING that Simon & Eagle did a "build a beginner bag" video together in most cases. I don't really follow either. I know they did a video though because everyone is now talking about it. Every video he does for DM for a couple weeks is going to get outsized viewership because of this.

Last edited:
Lots of people thought the same of McBeth and Innova - he moved more plastic than anyone over a full decade or more and said 'I don't see myself throwing anything else' in that Innova commercial that ran right up until his DC contract was announced.

Innova didn't need Paul McB like how Discmania needs Simon. They have been heavily promoting Simon. On the other hand, Paul wasn't satisfied with how little Innova promoted him. He wanted more exposure. Paul's relation with Innova was completely different than Simon's relation to Discmania IMO

I dunno, I think he'd be smart in doing this whether he was leaving or not. If he IS leaving, he can't just say so on his own...there's going to be some big announcement most likely. If he ISN'T leaving, then you have to use these rumors to your advantage if you're DM...in a week you let Simon post a video on his page about "big announcement" and then the big announcement is a new signature disc/bag/something he's coming out with.

It would also be interesting to see behind the scenes at DM...maybe the rumors have Simon's discs flying off the shelves right now as people want to grab some before he potentially moves and they stop being made. I know your post is framed more as "Simon should do this if he cares about DM"...but from a business standpoint it's very easy to see a scenario where DM WANTS him to not say anything because it's better for their current and/or future business. The key would be figuring out when the right time to finally squash the rumors would be...just like if he is leaving the key is figuring out when to say so.

ETA: Heck, I can't imagine even KNOWING that Simon & Eagle did a "build a beginner bag" video together in most cases. I don't really follow either. I know they did a video though because everyone is now talking about it. Every video he does for DM for a couple weeks is going to get outsized viewership because of this.

Good points. But if I was DM, I wouldn't want to promote the idea that he's available unless they've already secured a serious extension of his contract. I'd think that would be a major part of that big announcement.

Might not mean anything, but Simon's latest video he throws his 2nd ace of the year on a foggy, rainy Massachusetts day. Today it's foggy and rainy in MS. Probably not filmed weeks ago.

Lots of people thought the same of McBeth and Innova - he moved more plastic than anyone over a full decade or more and said 'I don't see myself throwing anything else' in that Innova commercial that ran right up until his DC contract was announced.

McBeth was not under contract. Simon is.

DG is still in its infancy, but if contract time is coming around, then nobody should be talking about what they are planning until the ink is dry. Business 101.

I can always tell if there has been big news by the number of new posts/pages on this thread since my last visit. Keeps checking in at around 15-25 new posts. Would expect many more posts than that if there were to be a Simon to MVP announcement.

Slow news Thursday today.

Zw.png

I can always tell if there has been big news by the number of new posts/pages on this thread since my last visit. Keeps checking in at around 15-25 new posts. Would expect many more posts than that if there were to be a Simon to MVP announcement.

Slow news Thursday today.

Mason and Val to Mint tomorrow? That interesting enough in the meantime?